The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-23-2023, 09:41 PM
Charter Member

Default New Cordoba C12 demo tracks

I recorded two clips, the first with two Shure SM57 dynamic mics and the second with large condenser mics, a Warm Audio WA-14 and a Warm Audio WA-47 Jr. I'm not fairing too well with these high tension strings that shipped with the guitar, Savarez Cristal Corum 500CJ. That's on me though. I think I need a few more years of classical guitar under my belt to bring out the potential of the strings. The C12 is great to play, the setup it came with is just fine for me too. I have some normal tension strings on the way.

The mics are not setup the same way. The SM57 mics are in front of the soundhole, one pointing towards the 12th fret area, the other towards the low end of the soundhole. The two large condenser mics are on the treble side of the guitar one over the other parallel with the floor, pointed at the 12th fret. I got two new mic cables which is basically why I recorded with them as well, just a test drive of the cables, so its a NCD thread (new cable day) too.

Dynamic mics:

Condenser mics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SmallFront.jpg (31.4 KB, 58 views)

Aria:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Old 09-23-2023, 10:42 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras
Default New Cordoba C12 demo tracks

Very nice, Barry. Warm, clear tone is pleasant to listen to. Enjoy getting to know this beautiful guitar. What strings do you have on order?
Best,
Jayne
Old 09-24-2023, 05:49 AM

That's a great sound, Barry. I hear a lot of potential for those trebles! Sounds like you got a good one
Old 09-24-2023, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Very nice, Barry. Warm, clear tone is pleasant to listen to. Enjoy getting to know this beautiful guitar. What strings do you have on order?
Best,
Jayne
Hi Jayne, thanks.

I ordered 2 sets of Savarez 510MR New Cristal/Alliance/Cantiga NT and a set of Savarez Classical Normal Tension Cristal Treble, Cantiga Polished Bass, 510CRH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBowman View Post
That's a great sound, Barry. I hear a lot of potential for those trebles! Sounds like you got a good one
Thanks!

Aria:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Old 09-24-2023, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

That was fun listening to your recordings, Barry! Nice guitar!

I noticed that the dynamic mics tended to hype the upper midrange noticeably. The LDC mics tended to even all that out. Both sounded good!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion