The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-22-2003, 09:22 PM

Default Taylors At GC weird trend or co insidence

Went to a guit tar center store to-day
to check out a thing or two
Had to give that new bose a look and say
wish I had a little more pay

Now while I wuz doodling and lookin all around
I happened into the the wood room
found a bunch of geetars hanging in the sound
but not many Taylors and to play and croon

but the few that they had were unusual Im a ' thinking
and though tonight Ima writin' and a drinkin'
but the thing I can't get outa my mind for to tell yall
is that most were sans electrics and not much ES at all .

Is it me or is the they
or did I not stay and play
Wuz it me or Wuzzzit they
not but two ES today.

Short song sorrry about that. Seriously there were some unusual Taylors they had a orgasmic walnut jumbo 12 string that whet my appetite though price was not to me liking and it had no cut and no ES and was priced as thought it did and then some.

then there was a little 12 koa with spruce top that had the deadest strings on the planet on it and another price tag that was IMo off kilter the other way . as in bargain. There just didnt seem to be any sort of logic to the whole acoustic room . Everything seemed higher than a Cats' back and the strings were for the most part dead on everything . I got the impression that they are not serious acoustic guitar marketeers anymore all the junky electrics and bass' out in the main room the usual 12 year old grundge experet grinding away in crunch mode and so much merchandise on the floor a person could hide in there for days and never have to worrry about being ''discovered by a sales rep" but alas the sound guy found me and I did get a decent intro into the bose totem and ropem lick over head jam five speaker pole and Lester Flat bottom ampithon wonder box.
It was veryyyyyyyyyyyy interesteing as the ole stallack 13 sarge would say and kept my visit there from being the total dreg it usually is . I asked the guy "when is a good time to come here and check out the bose for real and he said . '

about five o'clock sometime.

Lol , sorry couldn't resist

Later

Collings DS2H MhA "Bubba"
Collings OM 2H "Colleen"
Collings "Herb Special"
Eastman AR610CE-CS " Jazz "
Martin 000 28c MH "Merle"
Dudley Classical Dudley"
Baby Taylor "Baby Hoggy"
Old 11-22-2003, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Taylors At GC weird trend or co insidence

Quote:
Originally posted by Stixx
they had a orgasmic walnut jumbo 12 string that whet my appetite
Wow... that must've been some guitar...

Steve
Old 11-22-2003, 09:39 PM

Stixx...I also want a Bose Totem Pole...I will be checking it out tomorrow at my GC...Do you think a Mackie DFX12 mixer could be plugged in to allow more guitars and vocals?
Old 11-22-2003, 09:49 PM

Gardner, no question it has a direct out for each of the amp sections but that means what? New Technology means manual time and I have the comprehensive one I got today but must admit to being too um incoherant to read it at the moment <

LOL

I am going to read up on it mannan after church and a couple of alka seltzers. Apologies all 'round for those purist who think I should have already read the thing , but you didn't see the size of that honeydo list I had when I came home form the GC zoo experience. Speaking of which does this marketing method really work for anyone . I really loathe to go to GC's . I did find an informed (somewhat) and mature sales rep to talk to about the bose but the din of crunch and metal masters drove me off like a case of Raid to a Cockroach. Dannnnnnnnnnnnnng that place is a migrane waiting' to happen.

later

Collings DS2H MhA "Bubba"
Collings OM 2H "Colleen"
Collings "Herb Special"
Eastman AR610CE-CS " Jazz "
Martin 000 28c MH "Merle"
Dudley Classical Dudley"
Baby Taylor "Baby Hoggy"
Old 11-23-2003, 03:45 AM

Last time I was in the Tempe GC (about 3 weeks ago), they had a fairly decent collection of Taylors including a couple of 514ce's, a really nice 614ce and 2 814ce's, all with the ES. Also a real nice 655 (no c or e). There is also an acoustic room within the acoustic room (where the 300 and up Taylors mostly are kept) where you are fairly well insulated from the grunge-adolescents.

I guess it depends on which GC you go to but I get the impression, from what I read here, that the ones here out West may be better than what you've got back East.

2008 Collings OM-2HA
2002 Taylor 712ce
1970 Martin D-18
2008 Silver Creek D-170
2005 Washburn WD-32SW
2006 Gibson '61 Reissue SG
2002 Fender '52 Reissue Telecaster
2006 Fender Deluxe Player's Stratocaster
1972 Gibson SG Pro
1985 Squier Telecaster
2006 Epiphone AlleyKat

"Life without music would be a mistake." --Nietzsche

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion