The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-25-2003, 07:50 AM
Charter Member

Post Summer strummer will hurt TGF Guitar sales?

With so many Neet new summer strummers here and up comming ,(700,300 Spec) . And a 30th year Anniversary soon too.

I would have to think that The TGF guitar has lost some buyers.

It seems The Taylor market is flooded.

I think its a plot to drive our TAS through the roof

I think this is the Ltds that usualy come in Fall But Bob switched to summer this year
Old 06-25-2003, 08:21 AM

I am doing the opposite. I am putting off a 410 Rosewood purchase until I see what the TGF guitar is going to be... either way, Taylor makes a sale.

I REALLY like the idea of getting a revoiced Taylor in the 410 price range!

It's all good!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:02 AM

Maybe.

I got the 610-SPEC and copuld not be happier, but I am still in the market for a special x12. The TGF-LTD MAY be it. if not for some reason, I will probably wait for the 30th Anniversary editions or pick up a used x12 in the meanwhile.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:05 PM

I was considering a TGF guitar, until I bought a 600 SPEC. Now, I won't be getting a TGF guitar. I agree about all the available models making it hard to choose, but once I saw the 600 SPEC, I knew it was for me.

( @ )===:::
Old 06-25-2003, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I got the 610-SPEC and copuld not be happier, but I am still in the market for a special x12. The TGF-LTD MAY be it. if not for some reason, I will probably wait for the 30th Anniversary editions or pick up a used x12 in the meanwhile
Well I ordered a 610 non cutaway (Second one this year trying to get a good wood) and then I saw your SPEC and the other one and then a 614 SPEC and went nuts over the dark trim . Im so mad at myself for no patience to check around for a match to the NS 62 which the Spec does. Oh well.

As for the TGF I have only one other wood need that I do not already have covered and the Koa in the 14 size is way up on my wish list. The Worship leader at our church plays one and it has the pickup like Doyle uses in it so I am looking for something like that as I do not have one of those.

anyway

Collings DS2H MhA "Bubba"
Collings OM 2H "Colleen"
Collings "Herb Special"
Eastman AR610CE-CS " Jazz "
Martin 000 28c MH "Merle"
Dudley Classical Dudley"
Baby Taylor "Baby Hoggy"
Old 06-26-2003, 12:11 AM

I like the fact that there are a lot of choices out there right now. The downside that I see, though, for the TGF model, is that many people are waiting to find out what's going on with it. The Summer LTD's are, afetr all, limiteds. If people wait too long to decide, and they decide on an LTD, they could be gone.

Just a thought from someone who's sickened by the realization that he doesn't yet have a 610-SPEC!
Old 06-26-2003, 05:37 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeepster2

I REALLY like the idea of getting a revoiced Taylor in the 410 price range!

Is Taylor "re-voicing" the 410 ???
I thought it was just the 510 and up..... Someone hear something new?
Old 06-26-2003, 06:21 AM

I agree.

My dealer has one o' dem 414RCEs, that I' m quite certain would have somehow made it home with me were it not for the tantalization being provided by the TGF...

On the other hand...how many TGFs will actually be sold, in comparison to the total number of "Summer Strummers" Taylor is producing? I'm thinking it's a fraction. So the actual dilution is probably de minimus.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:06 AM

According to JR, the dred version of the TGF guitar will be revoiced. Not the Summer LTDs. From what I've read, you should be able to get a dred TGF revoiced for around 410CE money. Am I thinking correctly? Anyone? Anyone??
Old 06-26-2003, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeepster2
According to JR, the dred version of the TGF guitar will be revoiced. Not the Summer LTDs. From what I've read, you should be able to get a dred TGF revoiced for around 410CE money. Am I thinking correctly? Anyone? Anyone??
That's the way I read it!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion