The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-22-2023, 09:00 PM

First...where do you guys find all of these videos of beautiful European women playing guitar (LOL)???

I play La Grima as a warm up song when I am about to work on stuff...I have heard it interpreted soooo many different ways. I often 'modify' it .. Her interpretation is awesome, but i have always wondered on these pieces that pre-date recording and were handed down via sheet, what the absolute 'correct' way is or..is there one??? I found an old late 70's book on Finger style and it had La Grima transcribed very different

I was working on Bach's Gavotte #1 in C...really common piece for study and I pulled up Segovia's version...I know this sounds heretical, but I thought he misinterpreted the 'off tempo' connecting piece. he drops notes and plays a few 'out' notes that I have always wondered "was that a transcriptional error?"..cuz it really doesn't sound smooth... but he's Segovia?!?
Just like other ancient documents, until sheet music was widely printed I imagine a lot of these were hand done copies?

I read the whole thread. I never got around to doing all of those chromatics because they get boring..I have always found it better to find very simple instructional pieces (Fernando Sor wrote a bunch) and just play them forever in circles...The teacher who began my fingerstyle journey said to do my drills watching football..so they sneak into your unconscious and become automatic

I have smashed fingers myself and have sanded Kentucky and a few other states in my life so I don't have ideal fingers, but having a well set up guitar, fun instructional drills and so forth I have become a fairly decent finger style player in my 50's....a lot has to do with AGF!!

anyways. Fun thread. Love the video's you guys find..maybe if she had been my guitar teacher I would have paid more attention when I was younger

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write