The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-10-2020, 09:40 PM

Default Guitar pick story #70 : Ricochet

Examining a man today he told me he did indeed play guitars. He could never get into his dad’s banjo, but he played and enjoyed his 12 guitars.
His favorite was a 1960s Martin D-41. He told me It’s name was “Ricochet”. Seems they had bought it from a bar owner when the bar closed down. The story goes that one night when things got a bit too rowdy, a stray shot bounced around and through the guitar. Hence it became known as “Ricochet”.
Hr enjoyed his other 11 guitars, but ole Ricochet was the favorite!
Old 12-11-2020, 07:22 AM
Charter Member

Now that pick story brought an old memory to me. I was in a small mountain town bar with a guitar playing friend of mine. My friend tended bar at another small mountain joint down the hill from the one we were sitting in and the two bartenders were friends. We were there to play for a while when the skiers were leaving the slopes but it was early and just the three of us were there when this dandy stepped in.
This guy started bragging about everything he'd done, everywhere he'd traveled and on and on. The bartender had heard enough so he winked at us and asked the dude about his Aussie hat. Well, he launched into a monologue about it and our friend stopped him and asked him if the hat was authentic. He said it was and handed it over the bar. In a flash the bartender whipped out a .45 1911 and shot a hole through the crown of the hat and into the floor. Then he handed it back to him and said "there you go mate, now it's authentic". The poor guy turned white and with a very nervous look made his way to the exit. Once he left all three of us laughed for 15 minutes. Ah the good ole days of my misspent youth...
Old 12-11-2020, 05:46 PM

Default Guitar pick story #70 : Ricochet

That’s funny
So a friend reads this post and tells a story.
In his young Days he went in a bar with friends one of which gets drunk and proceeds to take the mic away from the band (which must have had a guitar so we are still on topic)
The 5’9 bouncer came over and asked the guys”how big is your friend “
The answer, “he’s 6’6” and has a black belt.”
The bouncer thought for a sec and asked, “ think you guys could talk him out of the mic?”

Last edited by whvick; 12-12-2020 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:59 PM
Charter Member

#70 is one of the best.
Keep’em coming!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion