The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-17-2019, 08:35 AM

Default Eastman E1SS-LTD

Got it my head that I want a slope shoulder. I've ruled out Gibsons. I'm interested in the new limited edition Eastman E1SS. I've searched the threads here and listened to YT videos. Some have compared the sound to a D-18. I've got a Blueridge BR140-A and it has the big dreadnought sound. Not looking to duplicate that, but the louder sound with more sparkle is what I'm after(I think). Ian Meadows at YT commented that the CLA version has more bass than the straight LTD version. So, apparently the finish Eastman used affected the sound a bit. You folks that have the E1SS or that have played 'em, how would you characterize the sound? Thanks, Bob
Old 08-17-2019, 08:48 AM

I can't help you with the Eastman. I'm sure from what I've gathered that particular guitar could meet your needs. You also may want to check out the Martin DSS 17. Everyone says they are loud and have sparkle.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 08-17-2019, 09:31 AM

I have the the CLA version and absolutely LOVE it! I have a D-18 and don't really think they sound that similar. It's very earthy, warmer and rounder sounding than my D-18. (I actually prefer the eastman...) But it still has sparkle at the top. I feel like I got a guitar that sounds way more expensive than it really is and I had picked it up with no intention to buy anything... but something about the sound that I had to have it. Plus, it was very doable price wise especially after trading in 2 other guitars.

I feel like the one I got has a lot of that "mojo" people talk about but can't say they'd all have it. Although it seems this model has surprised others who've come across them as well. Maybe because the satin open pour finish allows it to vibrate more? I don't really know, I'm just still smitten.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion