The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-02-2017, 11:34 AM

Default Ventura V-14 top bracing

Greetings, all.

My 1978 MIJ Ventura V-14 dreadnought is working out pretty well for me. I like it's vibe, playability and tone. I'll send some pics and talk a little more about the guitar in a separate post but for now I have a question.

Underneath the V-14 it's sturdy, straight X-bracing placed conventionally, (no forward-shift), with two straight-braced tone bars running diagonally across the main area under the X. Fairly standard, however what is a bit surprising is the lack of tone bars on both sides of the X-brace. On some X-braced dreads I've seen small flat strips used rather than tone bars for this position, but usually something is present.

So, theoretically, how should the lack of side tone bars effect tone, and for that matter, construction, of a X-braced dreadnought?

Thank you all for your replies and may God Bless.
Larry MacKinnon
Old 10-02-2017, 11:50 AM

Just curious. Does the label say Designed in the USA in addition to MIJ?
Old 10-02-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
Just curious. Does the label say Designed in the USA in addition to MIJ?
The label says "designed in USA built in Japan." I believe it is the non-Bruno V-14. When I've a bit more time I'll take photos and upload them to go along with further comments of a general type about my particular V-14.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion