The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-21-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASmusic View Post
I don't really hear much about them on here...
Are they any good? ...
They are very nice. Because of your question I was looking around a bit more and found these -Takamine EF360S TT - that sounds fantastic. Torrefied top, all solid, Japan built, great looking, dreadnought - great price. I will have to get my hands on one of these to examine.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:27 AM

I play the EF508KC every Sunday in church, sounds good and holds its own, especially plugged in.

My Woodworking YouTube channel - David Falkner Woodworking --------------------------------------------
Martin, Gallagher, Guild, Takamine, Falkner
Old 01-21-2017, 09:42 AM

There so many different Tak's used out there....Which are the good ones?
EF
TF
???????
I'd like to add one to my collection but it's confusing..

My Toys:
Taylor AD17e (Ovangkol)
Guild "Bob Marley"
Epiphone ES339Pro P90 Limited
Fender Affinity Strat Custom W/P90's
Old 01-21-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
???????
I'd like to add one to my collection but it's confusing..
Out of curiosity, why would you "want to add" something to your possessions that you don't even know if you like??????
Old 01-21-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorSteve View Post
Out of curiosity, why would you "want to add" something to your possessions that you don't even know if you like??????
Haha...What I mean....which ones are worth driving a distance or taking the time to play...

In search of the ever elusive "Tone" I'd like to try a lot of guitars..

My Toys:
Taylor AD17e (Ovangkol)
Guild "Bob Marley"
Epiphone ES339Pro P90 Limited
Fender Affinity Strat Custom W/P90's
Old 01-21-2017, 12:12 PM

I get it. I would say that play very well within their price ranges. And even above their price ranges the higher you go.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
You bet, I know this thread is from 2015 but how can I let this go? I was researching the Tak TF360SBg and landed here)

So you are telling us that these stars become stars, and wealthy, and then Tak approaches them after they reach the point they can buy any guitar they ever wanted, and do an endorsement deal and they switch over to playing Takamine's?
I agree. And one thing the naysayers also come out with is that the top pros leave their vintage Martins, Gibsons, etc. at home for safety. The question is - why don't they choose a modern, non-vintage Martin, Gibson, etc. to use onstage? Such instruments would cost no more than a high-end Tak, yet it's surprising just how often the top performers go for a high-end Tak instead.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:39 AM

I know It's an old thread but I'd like to ad my two cents. I first played a tak about 20 years ago and thought it had the sweetest sound. Can't remember what model it was now but I always wanted one ever since. I bought an eg444vv about 5 years ago as my main home guitar. I also had an Epiphone ej200ce I left at the church I play at for my main stage guitar. I got the itch for a Taylor a few months ago and decided to sell both of the above mentioned to fund the Taylor purchase. It pained me to sell the tak as it had such a sweet sound. I still have a basic Epiphone aj100 to keep at camp. All that said, I decided I missed my tak too much so I saught out a replacement. It a gn93ce. I like the g series body style. It's unlike the typical deadnaught cutaway style most makes follow and is very similar to my Taylor 214ce-koa deluxe in body shape.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion