The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-19-2014, 01:54 PM

Default Seagull Nat. Elements Folk Cutaway. Anyone have/had?

I'm just curious what you think of these guitars and what they might compare to. I came across one and am thinking of making a move on it.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:14 PM

I like the Folk sized Godin Guitars a bit. The slothead from Simon and Patrick sounds a little brighter to me than the Seagull variant, but the playability is about identical.

It kind of struck me as being a bit like the Taylor Big Baby ( I think that's the one). Simple and small and inexpensive. Not a super rich sound but for sure not tinny or crappy.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:15 PM

Given that you were looking at all the gulls in that other thread, have you played the Mini Jumbo? That to my ears is far and away their best design.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatchman View Post
Given that you were looking at all the gulls in that other thread, have you played the Mini Jumbo? That to my ears is far and away their best design.
The problem for me is that I have never come across the Mini Jumbo to try out. Not only for the sound but for how it actually feels when sitting in my lap. Not even sure what would compare in terms of another brand to even try.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion