The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-08-2003, 09:18 PM

Post to 514ce or not to 514ce

Went to Alto Music recently (Father, son and grandfather trip with dinner after the "show"... what a great nite!) and saw a Taylor with an interior label reading 514ce... it was niether c or e. What gives?

Also, saw a Taylor with no interior label, nomenclature or serial number visable. Again, what gives?

2003 Taylor Big Baby
2002 Martin Backpacker

Also in the house: Rogue Accoustic, Epi SG, Squier Strat
Old 07-09-2003, 08:38 AM

Taylor does this thing with labels. They make a model called a 514CE, and then sometimes you can order one without an E or withouit the C or without both, but the MODEL is still a 514CE.

It's weird, but it's what they do.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:12 AM

Like Joe said...... the labels are gonna say 514ce even though they left off the c and the e.
As to the one with no label visible, there was a period when the labels were up inside on the end of the neck block. You hafta look up and inside the soundhole.

Yoda
Old 07-09-2003, 10:20 AM

My label says 714, even though it's an e, albeit a Florentine. Actually, in my case, I bought a 714, but requested the Florentine as an add on feature, so I guess it makes sense.

Alto Music is my local dealer, at least the one in Wappingers Falls is. They have a small, but excellent selection of Taylors. They tend to have a lot of Taylors from the 3xx through 7xx line, plus a few NS. They occasionally have used Taylors as well. Their service is also very good. I had my non-Taylor 12 string recently serviced there.

If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted business. John D. Rockefeller

Uncork New York!
Old 07-10-2003, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guitar Dad
Alto Music is my local dealer, at least the one in Wappingers Falls is.

Well hello neighbor! Yes, the folks there at Alto Wappingers, NY are real nice, and the accoustic room is a great place to hang!

I've never been to their other locations. Have you ever been to Allegro in Kingston? Real nice owner and staff. The guitars are a few dollars more, but you get lifetime service on anything you purchase.

Maybe I'll bump into you one day! Go 'Gades!

2003 Taylor Big Baby
2002 Martin Backpacker

Also in the house: Rogue Accoustic, Epi SG, Squier Strat

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion