The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-14-2012, 09:50 PM

Default Alchemy--Gold Bronze Custom Lights

Found 1 set at GC.....Discounted as well....Are they discontinued? rep said they were......

I just tried John Pearse PB, kinda in them disappointed as they lasted less than 2 weeks......Never had that "moment" with them, and I love new strings....

Stringing the Alchemy GoldBronze 12's now....I got a call for me & the wife to perform my new song "The Lamb" at "It's a Grind" in Palmdale.....

The guy heard it at my house, and believes it's one people should hear....

Anyways, what should I expect in 3 days ??? That's usually my "Golden Zone" of strings.........

Thx

Breedlove American C25 SME--Neumann KMS 105---Fishman Loudbox Performer---KORG PA 4X--Tascam DP 24
God, My Guitar, & Me
Old 02-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Default Alchemy Strings

Steve,
The Dean Markley Alchemy strings were discontinued or out of production for a while last year, but now they are back. So your GC guy was partly right. They're available online at Elderly and Strings & Beyond.

I haven't played the Gold Bronze lights, but I have tried the similar Gold Phosphor lights and mediums. I like them both a lot, and have another set of mediums waiting in the wings. They last pretty well, too, so unless you're practicing 24-7 for the next couple of days, my guess is they will sound about the same then as now.

Good luck at the event!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion