The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 06-04-2001, 12:35 AM

Post Area on strings to strum?

When playing my new Taylor 510ce, normally where my pick hits the strings is just back of the sound hole between bridge and neck. Where do most of you guys strum your guitar? Is the sound more open if strummed over the middle of sound hole? After about four weeks of owning my new guitar Ive noticed string wear just back of sound hole where I do most of heavy strumming. Please give me your comments on this.
Old 06-04-2001, 07:50 AM

I strum everywhere. For bassier strumming, strum above the soundhole, mid strumming right over the soundhole to a little below the soundhole, and for sitar sounding, right at the bridge.
Old 06-04-2001, 02:44 PM

For most of my strumming, I do it right over the soundhole. For a little more twang and stuff, I go at the bottom edge of the sound hole. And just sometimes during a song when I want a light airy kinda feel for a chord, I do it right above the bridge. =)
Randall

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell