The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-28-2003, 06:29 PM

Default Any TGFers live in Pittsburgh?????

I'm headed to the city for a week (Feb 2 thru Feb 7).....don't know what nights that I might be able to play some guitar, but wonder if there's anyone out there who is reading the forum from the Pittsburgh area?
Old 01-29-2003, 06:42 AM

bump
Old 01-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Me

Don't look good for you. Why don't you try the UMGF?
Old 01-29-2003, 12:36 PM

Uh, Steve......what's that? (UMGF??)....
Old 01-29-2003, 04:47 PM

bump...how about guitar stores in Pittsburgh?
Old 01-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Me

UMGF - is for that other guitar company in Pennsylvania.
Unofficial
Martin
Guitar
Forum
Old 01-30-2003, 03:14 PM

bump --- there's 5 music dealers/stores in Pittsburgh according to the Taylor site....wassup?
Old 01-31-2003, 11:26 AM

Thumbs up

tbondo....I SWORE I wrote this long reply earlier today, but I don't see it now. I'm close to Pittsburgh, and there is one store about 15 minutes from the city (in Blawnox, PA) called 'Piano's n Stuff'. A great selection of Taylors (and a lot of other high end acoustic and electrics...), and a very experienced sales staff. I've been buying from them for 20 years and they've never mislead me or tried to sell me something I didn't want. Ask for Jason. Tell him Terry sent you. Don't know if it's cool to post phone numbers here...so let me know if you need it.

And let me know what times you'll be in town. My schedule is ridiculous (and I get up at 4:00AM to boot...), but it would be great to meet a fellow 'forumer'. Strangely enough, my new PRS Custom 22 Artist Upgrade shoud be arriving that Wednesday...mmmmm - yummy yummy!
Old 01-31-2003, 11:50 AM

Tmihm,
In my life, things work out most of the time, and often it's in strange and unusual ways.....I just completed setting up a deal where I'm going to rent a 314 from pianos-n-stuff for the week that I'm there, and the facilitator for the seminar (whose son takes piano at the store) is going to pick the guitar up for me on Saturday. How cool is that.

I'm going to be near Carnegie-Mellon University (some Holiday Inn select nearby), and I'm told that's about 35 minutes from the Piano-n-stuff store. I'm without wheels, so if you felt like meeting at the hotel, that'd work for me (or whatever else we can kluge together). I've had great experiences meeting TGF'ers, and I can tell you all about Taylorstock.

Anybody else interested?

OBTW, I'm told that a Tom Bond (my real name) is a musical director at one of the local highschools....are you familiar?
Old 01-31-2003, 12:08 PM

tbondo...I'm at work now, and I'm about 5 minutes away from the Holiday Inn on Fifth Avenue 35 minutes sounds about right to get to P-n-S. This weekend, I'm really gonna be pushing it...have some family health issues that have been taking a lot of my time up. What time of the day would you be available next week? I may be able to pick you up after work and we could go out and check out the store. (They are closed on Wednesdays). They have this new awesome acoustic guitar room upstairs all stuffed with Taylors...and tons of other brands...but my eyes always drift to the Taylors. Although the Tacoma's are really something else:rolleyes (I think I caused some minor fuss on my Ed Roman post) :
Old 01-31-2003, 12:51 PM

tmihm,

Supposedly, we're finished at 4:30 M-TH, with a city tour on Tuesday, and a dinner engagement on Thursday...the Monday plan is for pizza in a couple of suites, which I would be glad to blow off for the chance to visit P-n-S......naturally, the day with no after work plan is Wednesday, the day the store is closed.

If Monday doesn't work, the city bus tour for 1 1/2 hours doesn't thrill me very much (plus the current forecast is for snow)...the dinner engagement is fixed (I've already ordered filet, so I'm going to that).....

Does P-n-S have any ES models yet? I've yet to fondle one, so I'm stoked about that possibility.

Yes?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion