The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

Default Here it comes...

In a few short weeks, a process begun three years ago will come to an end. Truth is, I don't deserve this. Why? It's rather private, but I have other longstanding obligations that need to be met.

My fiance, however, sees it differently. She is committed, as I am, to coming to terms with those commitments, but for our marriage (Dec. 24) she wanted to complete this particular process.

In October of 2004, I ordered a Beneteau Concert Standard with 4.5" depth, EI Rosewood and German Spruce. That changed on the recommendation of Marc Beneteau to Sitka. Then I changed it to Cedar and we agreed that the extra depth might not be a good idea for that.

Originally, it was to come around April 2006. Due to unemployment... well, a long story... and the kindness and patience of Marc, here it is, Dec. 2007, and here are the specs:

East Indian Rosewood B/S
Western Red Cedar top
4.25" body depth
Mahogany Neck, Ebony overlay
4mm dot fret markers
25" scale
Concert Standard with Venetian cutaway
Cocobolo Binding
Gotoh Gold 510 Delta 21:1 tuners
K&K PWM pickup with vintage endpin jack
Spalted Maple rosette
1-3/4" nut
Profile based on Martin HD-28 thin profile

I'm excited, scared, and blown away. I've been with someone who allowed me to play with trading guitars. I've never been with anyone who actively wanted me to have one. I'm truly blessed - and this is more an indication of who she is than how she feels about guitars.

Of course, pics will come once IT does. Now all I need is a job - again. But I'm close to my daughter, and that is enough for the moment, and even this guitar (all of them, really) pales in comparison to that.

Worry less about the guitars you want. Play the guitar you have more.
The answer will come, and it will not be what you expect.

A guitar is a tool, and a friend. But it is not the answer.

It is the beginning.

Current Guitars:

Taylor 716C Modified
Voyage-Air VAOM-04

CD: The Bayleys: From The Inside
CDBaby
Amazon
Also available from iTunes

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion