The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-24-2000, 02:37 AM

Question What does 'OWN' mean to you?

I saw on the Taylor site that the new issue of Wood and Steel is on the way. I remember looking at the last issue and noting the designation 'OWN' on the label. It really spoke to me reminding me that W&S is targeted to my interests. It wasn't headed destined for a guitar store throw-away bird cage liner. It wasn't being sent to some media/industry flack. It was sent to me, a Taylor owner. Maybe an odd sentiment but I think it's the kind that inspired JR to whip this forum up.

------------------
George Wilson
Old 10-24-2000, 11:50 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

You're absolutely right, George. Taylor is a different kind of company and does things differently than most guitar builders. They probably love guitars as much as we do, and that's part of the reason Wood and Steel isn't loaded with a ton of advertising like... say for instance.. Fender's Frontline magazine. Wood and Steel is loaded with good useful and entertaining information about acoustic guitars and music.

I personally started this Forum as a place to talk about the guitars that really "speak" to me. I love acoustic guitars, acoustic music, and especially Taylor guitars. I'll be the first to admit that I'm probably a hack player compared to most of you, but there's a certain amount of "magic" in a Taylor guitar that even makes a fingerpicked G-chord sound great.
Put simply, the tone of certain Taylor guitars has been a great inspiration to me, not to mention the therapeutic aspects of playing guitar.

J.R.
Old 10-24-2000, 03:38 PM

Talking

Howdy y'all

Although i have not received my Wood&Steels yet from Taylor (and i probably won't have the OWN designation on my label——i am a used Taylor owner!), i echo the same sentiments with every dang Taylor owner in this world today.

Whether i've talked to someone about Taylors or shared some words online in anything related to Taylors, i just can't help but feel a certain affinity and love for them. I feel like me pitching Taylors to others will make me a better preacher in the near future! haha

Truly, all the Wood&Steel that Taylor has sent me (by request) are all focused on us geetar owners... i too have gained much insight and better understanding of my work-of-art 310 and guitar itself. Now, i am a more informed customer, and whenever i take someone else to choose a guitar, i tell them the things they should look for, as Taylor tells us to.

Although they have only been a major presence for the past two decades, to me, it feels like Taylor's "homey" demeanor and individual response to each customer has been around forever! Too bad some other guitar companies don't do that... i'm never gonna go back to any of them ever again!

Well fellow Taylor owners, we are indeed spoilt by this nice luthier down in El Cajon CA. To me, OWN means more than a label designation! hehe

Blessings,
nick
Old 10-24-2000, 07:59 PM

I always enjoy each issue of Wood & Steel and always felt it was a nice and wise thing for Taylor to do. I read the issues from cover to cover and save them. I own Martin guitars and really like those, too, and I have always thought Martin should send out their newsletter to owners, too. It seems like a nice touch to make owners feel a bit special.

[This message has been edited by ljm712 (edited 10-24-2000).]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion