The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-02-2024, 02:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLefty View Post
I am interested in answers to this question too. I have been looking at the Gator Frameworks Guitar Seat-- anyone have any experience with those?
I bought a Gator Frameworks stool about three months ago and it has been perfect for me. It is about 28 inches tall, so I use it with a 12 inch footstool and it is very comfortable for my 5’6” body. Folds up to make it easier to transport to gigs.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
I've tried many different variations, here is my go-to camp chair for guitar playing:

https://www.camptime.com/collections/chair

Lightweight, portable and surprisingly comfortable. 3 sizes available, I prefer the larger size (21") to sit higher. The lower back support is nice too.

Thanks, this looks great! I just ordered one.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canehorn View Post
I learned about the MityLite flex chair on this forum and gave it a shot even though it seemed pricey for a card table type of chair. It did not disappoint and I went back for a set of them. I’ve left them outside for months and they look brand new. Very comfortable. The best price I found was at Home Depot, their “HDX” chair is the mitylite flex.
I can categorically say they are NOT the same chair. I just bought two of the chairs from H.D., didn't notice until I was loading them into the car that they are made in Malaysia, NOT the U.S.

Still haven't decided to keep them or not. I only need a couple and just about all the online flex one are sold in packs of four.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

I got a couple of these armless folding patio chairs and I find them perfect. They are mesh so soft and comfortable as well. Its hard to see it but its the only pic I have of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190527_094829.jpg (46.2 KB, 51 views)

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 05-03-2024, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pszy22 View Post
I can categorically say they are NOT the same chair. I just bought two of the chairs from H.D., didn't notice until I was loading them into the car that they are made in Malaysia, NOT the U.S.

Still haven't decided to keep them or not. I only need a couple and just about all the online flex one are sold in packs of four.
I bought my first one at Sam's Club, and they had singles for sale at the store. It was less than $30 at the time.

Old 05-03-2024, 10:28 AM

I also bought my first four at Sam's Club for $30. I no longer have a Sam's Club membership, and it looks like they now only sell them in boxes of four and not available for in store pick up. They are still only $30 a pop, if you want four.

I found the HD chairs I just bought don't have as comfortable of a seat, and the legs don't open as wide so the angle of the seat/back is slightly different. All in all, not as comfortable. Of course I'm assuming the 10 year warranty HD advertises in it's online page means about as much as the proudly made in the USA logo.

Last edited by pszy22; 05-03-2024 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:43 AM

I have tried lots of folding armless camp chairs.
This is the one I like.

https://www.rei.com/product/185780/r...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

They are easy to carry.

Fold flat.

They are a little low to the ground, but are low enough to work for outdoor concert festival chairs.
But not the easiest to get out of.

They are very comfortable.

I will say that a very very large friend of mine did bend one of the bars on one of the seats.

They have no arms!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion