The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-03-2024, 06:04 AM

Did mrjop1975 leave the building? Wonder if he ever got his Alvarez.

Rb
Old 05-08-2024, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBowman View Post
If you like it, that’s literally all that matters. I love Martin guitars as much as the next person, but there are great guitars to be had from many different companies.

When I was looking for a D-18 (which I’m a big fan of) I came across an Alvarez MDBG60. Actually, I came across a batch of them. I picked what I thought was the best among them because it had the “punchiest” feel of all. Almost like the top is spring loaded under tension! It has to be played to be believed. I LOVE that guitar.

I’m also in the process of buying a 000 Martin. It doesn’t have to be an either or proposition.

You have also convinced me to buy a Martin 0028. I love my Alverez lp70e and waiting on delivery of my Martin 0028. I am really excited. The laureate is a really great sounding and playing guitar.
Old 05-08-2024, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffRalf View Post
I have the same guitar. Decided on it after the famous JP Cormier "Alvarez or Martin?" video. Ran into a uses one from GC.
It's great. So good that I bought a second one for my home away from home.
I would love to try that Laureate but am not sure it will offer so much over the MD60.

I also watched to JP Cormier video on his Alverez review. He convinced me that it was a quality guitar. I really cannot compare it to the MD60. I have no experience with that guitar. Except it has great reviews. I think Alverez is the best guitar value on the market. There are guitar companies that make a bit better guitar, but no better value. I am happy.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceaneez View Post
You have also convinced me to buy a Martin 0028. I love my Alverez lp70e and waiting on delivery of my Martin 0028. I am really excited. The laureate is a really great sounding and playing guitar.
That's what we're here for: spend that money!

But, seriously, I hope it turns out to be a great guitar for you! I'm also waiting delivery on one. The wait...
Old 05-14-2024, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBowman View Post
That's what we're here for: spend that money!

But, seriously, I hope it turns out to be a great guitar for you! I'm also waiting delivery on one. The wait...
I see the enabling is going strong here!

Good to see the Alvarez fanbois out in force!

Let us know how you are all getting along with your Laureates!
Old 05-14-2024, 09:36 AM
Charter Member

My first guitar was a new Alvarez 5023 purchased in 1974. Been a big fan of Alvarez ever since!

I'm curious about the Laureate series. Let me know!
2022 Taylor 712ce
Old 05-14-2024, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerblair View Post
Did mrjop1975 leave the building? Wonder if he ever got his Alvarez.

Rb
You wish I left the building LOL. I have been swamped in my own life, between work, practicing guitar and other stuff I peep in to see the topics and go.

So it plays like butter at least to me, I don't know if it is the setup that I had the Sweetwater team do. It projects wonderfully, considering it is a parlor sized guitar. Not too treble heavy, even sound. Might have something to do with the rosewood back and sides. Honestly, this is a keeper. I know we all say that about guitars and low and behold, off they go, but I am honestly considering getting rid of my Taylors and keeping this and my Shawn Mendes Martin 000 jr. and calling it a day on ever having gas. It may be a poor man's Martin 28 to some, but to me, I like it because of what I stated, plus the fact it is smaller and doesn't hurt my shoulders as much as my full sized Taylor guitars do is a win win for me.
Old 05-14-2024, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

The new Laureate dread sounds incredible in reviews. I have the MD60, and it is a great guitar, but am very intrigued by the Laureate.

I’m a big fan of Alvarez. I agree they make the best value guitars. Forget the price. They make very good guitars. I like the way they sound, play and look.

I own 3 Alvarez guitars. All 3 are great.

Congrats, OP! I have a AP66shb 12 fret parlor with slotted headstock. I bought it for my son, but I play it more than he does. LOL It’s a really good guitar. I know that Laureate must be amazing!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion