The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-13-2024, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

Default white knuckling it - soon to have a NGD Alvarez Laureate

After much back and forth in my head and reality, I decided to put on hold an Alvarez Laureate series parlor guitar, the LP70e. My sales engineer at Sweetwater told me they are coming in stock the first week or so of March, so I wanted to have one. I liked the look of the natural finish the best, instead of the daybreak finish. While I am loving my Taylor 110 dreadnought guitar a lot, I wanted one parlor sized guitar in my arsenal of guitars. I'll post a full review when it shows up, but in the meantime, here is the page on the Alvarez website about it https://alvarezguitars.com/guitar/lp70e-2/
Old 02-13-2024, 11:18 AM
Charter Member

I was considering one of these. I look forward to your review. They look to be fantastic.
Old 02-13-2024, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

That will be a very nice acquisition. Let us know when it arrives.

- Glenn
Old 02-13-2024, 11:30 AM

The reviews look very good for this guitar.
May you enjoy yours for a long time.
Old 02-13-2024, 11:40 AM
Charter Member

Looks like a nice guitar, I'll bet it's going to be a good one!

Scott
Old 02-13-2024, 11:47 AM

That shouldn't be too much of a risk. Even the lesser spec'd Alvarez are popular here. I suspect these sound and play very nicely.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:44 PM

Congrats and post a review when it arrives. The Laureate series guitars are well speced and look very well made.

I have an order of an Alvarez Yairi with the vintage Honduran Mahogany back -- also backordered. I was eyeing the OM Laureate but will hold off for now. And I too prefer the natural over the mild burst.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:47 PM

Alvarez makes surprisingly good guitars. I see more and more artists using them in concerts. Good choice i think. Enjoy!
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 02-13-2024, 05:20 PM

I am working with a Yairi Sitka over Rosewood OM, trying it out. I’m am very impressed with the quality and only a little put off with the looks of the bridge. Of course the Laureate bridge looks more traditional.

I’m betting you’ll like it a lot. Some folks have commented about the weight- being a bit heavier than some, but that doesn’t mean it won’t sound great.

I’m anxious to hear your impressions once you get it.

Roger
Old 02-13-2024, 05:36 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

How exciting! I look forward to hearing your first hand assessment of this new offering from Alvarez.
Best,
Jayne
Old 02-13-2024, 06:21 PM
Charter Member

The waiting IS the hardest part.

I wager you'll love it. Looks great.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:20 PM

I still haven't seen any in the wild. Looking forward to the review!
Old 04-29-2024, 01:34 AM

Thumbs up Alverez LP70e

I am new to the forum. I was reading comments on the Alverez LP70e. I bought one in Early March from Sweetwater. I love this guitar. It plays really well and surprisingly loud for a smaller body. I wanted a 0028 Martin, but for the price difference ($2000 less) it made sense for me to go with the Alverez because it had everything I wanted: Sitka spruce top and solid Rosewood side and back. I paid a little less than $1400. I would recommend this guitar for the high quality and value. No, it is not an 0028 Martin, but it is close enough for me at that incredible price to get such a beautiful sound. The guitar also looks so beautiful.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceaneez View Post
I am new to the forum. I was reading comments on the Alverez LP70e. I bought one in Early March from Sweetwater. I love this guitar. It plays really well and surprisingly loud for a smaller body. I wanted a 0028 Martin, but for the price difference ($2000 less) it made sense for me to go with the Alverez because it had everything I wanted: Sitka spruce top and solid Rosewood side and back. I paid a little less than $1400. I would recommend this guitar for the high quality and value. No, it is not an 0028 Martin, but it is close enough for me at that incredible price to get such a beautiful sound. The guitar also looks so beautiful.
If you like it, that’s literally all that matters. I love Martin guitars as much as the next person, but there are great guitars to be had from many different companies.

When I was looking for a D-18 (which I’m a big fan of) I came across an Alvarez MDBG60. Actually, I came across a batch of them. I picked what I thought was the best among them because it had the “punchiest” feel of all. Almost like the top is spring loaded under tension! It has to be played to be believed. I LOVE that guitar.

I’m also in the process of buying a 000 Martin. It doesn’t have to be an either or proposition.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:51 PM

I have the same guitar. Decided on it after the famous JP Cormier "Alvarez or Martin?" video. Ran into a uses one from GC.
It's great. So good that I bought a second one for my home away from home.
I would love to try that Laureate but am not sure it will offer so much over the MD60.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion