The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Charter Member

Default Weekday planner for practice

If I don't put my car keys in the same spot every day I will lose them. This great memory of mine has also given me problems with my guitar practicing. I can remember what I worked on yesterday and some of the day before, but don't ask me about before that.

I decided to make a log of the finger style pieces that I worked on and what I plan to work on based on history, as below. The "50 Easy" is about 10 short pieces I selected from a book called "50 Easy Classical Guitar Pieces."

So finally I have a bit more structure. In the past I worked on just one or two pieces, but that got boring at times and I found myself spending too much time here on the forum instead of practicing. Also, I would work on somethings and then get waylaid and not work on them for too long of a period to get any benefit from the work and I would basically have to start from scratch again. The "planner" is in Excel so it's only a mouse click away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg workdoc.jpg (26.4 KB, 78 views)

Vals:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Old 05-08-2024, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

That’s a good idea. I might add time spent to mine.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write