View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 02:15 AM
Charter Member

I had the M1 passive version about 15 years ago. For what you describe, it could work. Doing all the signal processing outboard may be better in your rock band situation than an active system. Also, the adjustable poles of the Baggs are an advantage over the Fishman. They mean that you can balance the p/u for the specific string sets you use.

The Baggs unit has a small jack to connect it to the lead running internally to the endpin jack socket. You can easily remove the Baggs and set up other guitars with the same endpin jack system. So use the unit in more than one guitar.

For your quieter solo gigs you could use the M1. Or just take it out of the guitar sound hole (in about 60 seconds) and use a stage mic'.

I'm not sure if you need all the "magnatronic" features of the Baggs. I liked the $35 or so Artec with adjustable poles because it picked up less of the guitar body resonance. And I could do what I wanted with the signal outboard. It was a single coil, which isn't a problem in the UK / Europe but I think that you have a more problematic electricity supply system in the USA?

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.

Last edited by Robin, Wales; 04-27-2024 at 02:24 AM.