View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

I love both. 75% acoustic for the last 3 years.

I sold 3 electrics last month and went out and bought a rosewood neck PRS Quatro. (The most I ever spent on an electric it is due Wednesday.)
I also have 2 Tom Anderson's and a couple Michael Tuttle's ... electrics played mostly unplugged for the last 3 years. Additionally a wide neck Rickenbacker electric 12 string 660 (1.75" nut width) not to forget the Deering Banjitar, these are are also highly musical and recommended.

When it's time for the magic carpet ride. Plugging in an electric,... I play 95% clean channel with my large cab 1 X 12" Tone King. This has the lushness that most amps do not have. Kind of like my Goodall's.
I love my 2006, Tone King Meteor II 20. My 40 year old Princeton reverb and a 20 year old Blues Jr. also get played periodically.

If you have a lush amp they sound pretty good at bedroom levels.

But as we all know the acoustic is much more musical and a better lone voice if it is just oneself playing. Better by orders of magnitude.

One thing I applaud with electrics is that, if you have GAS like me, ( I have 12 guitars) .... They take half the room as these fat Ameritage cases.

Last edited by tippy5; 02-15-2016 at 04:17 PM.