The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-16-2014, 01:39 PM

When I bought my Little Martin, I read a lot of online reviews. Many of them said the LXM sounded better than the LX1, contrary to the sentiments of most on the AGF. I did buy the LXM, primarily for durability issues, and it seems as if that is what you are primarily interested in.

Taylor 856, Taylor GC7, Martin 00-28, Breedlove Oregon Concertina, Breedlove Jeff Bridges Signature, Guild JF55-12, Guild D212, Larrivee OM3, Eastman E20 OM, Farida OT22w, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra, Blueridge BR-361, Pono 0-15 mango, Journey OF-660, Tanglewood TWJP parlor (Nashville tuned), Paul Reed Smith SE Custom.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bancika View Post
I'm not going to suggest the GS mini because it's much more expensive, but did you consider some other options in the price range of little martin that could be better for the money? Like alvarez, walden, seagull, a&l...

little martin is really thin sounding, kind of cardboard-y. I have a feeling that good share of that price goes to the logo. If you really have to, I'd recommend the koa version. To me it sounded the least bad and I actually considered buying it before finding out the other options.
I'll definitely consider some of the other options you mention - thanks!
Fender Baja Tele

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion