The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Charter Member

Default Hsienmo OM45JM- SOLD

Selling a like new Hsienmo Custom Shop OM45JM. This is Hsienmo's take on the OM45 John Mayer model from Martin. I'm very impressed with the craftsmanship at this price point. They really got the look of the guitar right and it sounds excellent. I particularly love the mother of pearl around the base of the neck. The pick guard has not been attached to the guitar yet, but has peel off 3M adhesive ready should you choose to attach it. The case is super light, almost foam like, but still hard and protective with nice padding inside. Full specs are below.Direct from Hsienmo this model is $1790 plus $180 shipping, for a total of $1970.

$OLD via PayPal friends & family or Venmo
Specs:
* 40′ OM Bracing Structure inspired by Martin OM45 (Use Adirondack Bracing Material)
* Selected Solid 5A Germany Spruce Top
* Selected Solid Wild Indian Rosewood Back Sides
* 1PC Whole Neck African Mahogany Cantilevered Tech Design Neck
* Rounded Head Nickel Frets
* Ebony Floating Fingerboard + Abalone and MOP Shell Inlays
* Ebony Bridge with 999 Fine Sliver Purfling Inlay
* Ebony Pickguard with 999 Fine Sliver Purfling Inlay
* Camel Bone Nuts 44.5mm
* Camel Bone Saddle and Pins
* Ivoroid Celluloid Binding + Abalone Shell
* Hsienmo Custom Tuners
* 645mm String Scale
* D’Addario XS 013-056
* Nitro Finishing (glossy)
* Embroidered Satin cloth high-end hardcase and gifts package

Full photo gallery: https://imgur.com/a/6OsfcD6

Last edited by cvmatt247; 04-04-2024 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:11 PM
Charter Member

I am the owner of what i beleive is the only other copy of this model in circulation. Long story short this is a great guitar with a great tone and great build. Plus, Hsienmo recently changed their business model going forward and they had a total of three of this iteration for sale. I have one, you have the other and their is still one on their site.
My guitar lives in a house with Goodalls, a Froggy and a number of other fine instruments. It stands up tall against those guitars.
Old 03-30-2024, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound View Post
I am the owner of what i beleive is the only other copy of this model in circulation. Long story short this is a great guitar with a great tone and great build. Plus, Hsienmo recently changed their business model going forward and they had a total of three of this iteration for sale. I have one, you have the other and their is still one on their site.
My guitar lives in a house with Goodalls, a Froggy and a number of other fine instruments. It stands up tall against those guitars.
Thank you! It’s a heck of a guitar even without the price being a consideration. I’ve got too many around right now so letting a couple go.
Old 04-03-2024, 07:01 AM
Charter Member

Smile

Back to the top.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:08 PM
randyp6

PM sent your way…
Old 04-03-2024, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound View Post
Just to clarify, but standing up tall do you mean they are almost as good, just as good, or even better than Goodalls and Froggy Bottoms?
Old 04-04-2024, 05:24 AM
Charter Member

I mean they are about the same height…sorry i couldn’t resist.
I mean they are a fine instrument with fit and finish comprable to those noted.
Tonally, they are very satisfying out of the box. To my ear they are a bit tight.
I ran my my Tone Traveller on it for a few days and it is opening up nicely.
Of course, the same tightness exists on most new instruments i have experienced. In conclusion, i would say it is pretty close to the ones noted, but not as good…yet. I have owned and played the others for years so its not apples to apples. I am pretty confident it would equal and possibly exceed any new OM28. I would love to AB it against the Martin…hmm…food for thought. Need to find one locally…might be a challenge as we are a little light on Guitar stores up here.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosphere View Post
Just to clarify, but standing up tall do you mean they are almost as good, just as good, or even better than Goodalls and Froggy Bottoms?
FWIW, my two cents. I have had a similar stable: Goodalls, Frogs, McIlroy, Kronbauer, many more. My spruce/rosewood Hsienmo dread is as well built as any and -- in agreement with the assessment above -- equals or surpasses the instruments that inspired it. It may be the best rosewood dread I've had of many. Top notch.
Someone will be pleased. Best of luck with your sale.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars