The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-24-2024, 06:18 PM

Default Paul Simon - Seven Psalms

Has anyone heard this album yet? It is absolutely beautiful and the guitar sounds so good. Does anyone know what guitar he is playing on this recording? I have never heard his guitar playing sound so good before.

Kate Wolf

Epiphone Hummingbird Studio
Martin 000-10e
Old 04-24-2024, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinhead View Post
Has anyone heard this album yet? It is absolutely beautiful and the guitar sounds so good. Does anyone know what guitar he is playing on this recording? I have never heard his guitar playing sound so good before.
Primarily played on a Gurian, according to the page over at https://acousticguitar.com/review-pa...-seven-psalms/ .

In an interview here (he discusses his Gurian beginning around the 5:38 mark), Simon mentions that his main guitar is a 1972 Gurian (and claims, too, that it's his most valued possession; says that he's played it on all his solo albums). Safe to say that that '72 Gurian was used on Seven Psalms.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:05 PM
Charter Member

I listened to it after hearing parts of it in Paul’s new documentary, In Restless Dreams. It’s captivating and as usual considerably different from any of his previous songwriting and production. The film is an absolute treat. It features a lot of footage from the production of Seven Psalms. He plays the Gurian a lot and it sounds fantastic. The man was born a musical genius and has never let his vision and passion rest. There really aren’t words to describe his musical greatness.

Last edited by J Patrick; 04-24-2024 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:50 PM

Great documentary. Three hours long with some great old and current day footage. I applaud his continuing exploration and hard work. I’m not sure the music he’s creating in Seven Psalms is my cup of tea, however.

Rb
Old 04-25-2024, 04:15 AM
Guitar Gourmet

We discussed it here when it came out last year, over HERE. I bought it and like it. It is really designed to be played all the way through, which takes a while, thirty-three minutes to be exact.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion