The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-02-2015, 05:36 PM

Default The best option for online purchase

Hello all, I'm looking into getting a new guitar and just trying to know of any good online dealers that are reputable. I'm looking o spend at most $1800. Not too much just because I just don't have much to spend. I'm not real sure what dealers I should trust and are looking for answers here. Thank you in advance!!!
Old 10-02-2015, 05:40 PM

That should get you a brand new D-18 at any of several very reputable dealers, including some who are sponsors here.

Have fun!

Old 10-02-2015, 05:58 PM

Maury's Music, My Favorite Guitars, or LA guitars sales. I would call each one and see what they can do for you. I believe all offer great prices and great service.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Guest 728

What Backpocketnj ^^ said. I've bought from MFG and LAGS, and was extremely pleased in both cases. Jon at My Favorite Guitars was especially accommodating, price-wise. With your budget, you should have no trouble buying a quality guitar online through these dealers. I've also had very positive experiences with Sweetwater.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:53 PM

One thing i really like about sweetwater is they show pics of any guitar thats in stock, the very guitar you'd be getting and if there are more than one they can show you all of them side by side with the weight of each. So you can look for the best grain and weight. Plus they are anal about making sure you're happy and check every guitar out and do a bit of setup before it ships. Can't ask for much more than that if you must buy online. Personally tho i rarely do. I need to get hands on and see if it speaks to me.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:40 PM

Just about any of our forum sponsors can help you out there. And one thing that you may want to consider that your approach suggests you're not thinking great deal about is customer service and support. Being gung ho to buy online suggests it's all about the bargain and while that isn't a bad thing, it's far from the main thing.

You're dropping nearly 2k on a gitfiddle and you want value. That's what you're going to find with the sponsors here on the forum the ones mentioned and others are stand up business people who not only provide a product at a very competitive price, but also offer a very substantial service with that sale as well which you will want down the road.

You came to the right place. Happy shopping!

My site: Personal Blog

Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E.
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Old 10-02-2015, 08:55 PM

I'm on the other side of the planet and recieved brilliant service from both My Favorite Guitars and Elderly Instruments.

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird
Old 10-03-2015, 05:16 AM

For me a lot depends of the location of the seller. I live in Canada so I only buy from Canadian dealers. The big reason is the import tax!! The tax alone can add 20% more to the cost.
Mackenzie&Marr "Opeongo"-spruce/mahogany
Old 10-03-2015, 05:35 AM

you can get some deals from sponsers but they are not the only place to buy. I agree nobody is better than sweetwater. they are a amazing store. elderly is another and neither one has anything to do with this forum
Old 10-03-2015, 05:56 AM

I wholeheartedly recommend LA Guitar Sales an AGF sponsor. I have purchased 5 guitars from Ted and Helene over the past four years. They have competitive prices their service is great and they will recommend guitars to you that will fit your needs and budget and not try to oversell you and are wonderful to deal with!

Bob

2012 Taylor GC-6
2015 Collings 000-2H 12 Fret
2011 Martin OM 15 Custom-Shadeburst
2013 Eastman E10P
2011 Kenny Hill Nylon Crossover

Last edited by Solosdad; 10-03-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: misspelled
Old 10-03-2015, 06:14 AM
Charter Member

Can't say enough good about Jon & Sharon at My Favorite Guitars. They treat me like family. And as Dave said...$1800 will get you a new D-18 which is a great guitar. What ever you decide the best of luck!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 10-03-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solosdad View Post
I heartedly recommend LA Guitar Sales and AGF sponsor. I have purchased 5 guitars from Ted and Helene over the past four years. They have competitive prices their service is great and they will recommend guitars to you that will fit your needs and budget and not try to oversell you and are wonderful to deal with!
Bob
I have not purchased an acoustic "on line" but if I were to do it, I would start with LA Guitar sales. It seems Ted is always willing and available to help with your questions.
2012 RainSong H DR 1000(original owner)
2011 Gretsch Anniversary Model(original owner)
Mandolin- 1920's A-Style (unknown brand)
Mandolin- Fender Mandostrat
Banjo -2016 Gold Tone EBM-5+
Fender 2013- Strat
Old 10-03-2015, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

I would give the forum sponsors a chance to earn your business.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:18 AM
Charter Member

Where are these brand new D 18"s for 1800 bucks?
Old 10-03-2015, 07:27 AM
Charter Member

It's not considered very hip, but Musicians Friend is worth checking out, if for no other reason than the breadth of products they carry. If you catch one of their sales, you can get great deals on a wide variety of instruments and accessories.

But you really need to shop in stores and play guitars to figure out what you want. While the D-18 is a good guitar, I don't know that it would be my first choice. Body size, tone woods and neck profile are personal preferences, and you need to understand what works for you.

Start with the stores and who knows--one of them might make you a good deal on a guitar you've played and been impressed with.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion