The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Default Adamis 1581-KK

Last night I was watching an edition of 'Later...with Jools Holland', and a young lady (don't know her name) was playing what I thought was an Ovation. So, I googled to find out and it turned-out to be an Ovation Adamis 1581-KK. I've never been into Ovations (lingering memory of the old deep bowl) and although there are better looking examples than the one below, I was impressed with the tone the girl was getting out of it (crisp, clear, punchy), with her percussive and harmonic playing style which she played a lot with fretting hand playing over the top. Any familiarity/thoughts on this particular Adamis? It very much looks like my CA GXi and Cargo.

Edit: I read more on the Ovation site to find out that this Adamis is a Kaki King signature model. I looked up that name, and that's the girl who was playing on 'Later...'! I'd never heard of her before. The girl can play!

Last edited by Acousticado; 09-06-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:56 AM

Ovations have considerable allure for me. I had one in the 90s that I never should have sold - a gorgeous Elite model. Recently, I made up for my Ovationless condition by buying a Glenn Campbell 2006 Reissue Balladeer from Dave's Guitars. It's a lovely guitar and sounds great unplugged and wonderful plugged in. With the construction and the 1 11/16" nut widths, Ovation necks are among my favorites of any.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion