The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-03-2015, 11:05 AM

Default Lovin' my Blue Chip 40

prefer it to the BC 35 - still not sure if they are worth the price but the 40 is one fine pick I must say...

for those considering a BC, the 40 is a great starting place - it's a medium, great for flat picking...
Old 06-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Charter Member

I favor the TAD40 too... at the suggestion from some on this forum I recently tried a Wegen 1.2, probably the closest I've heard to the BC's. I like it a lot. Plus, you can buy 3 for $15. Figured I would be less likely to lose the BC.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:14 PM

Red Bear makes some comparable ones too. They run around 30 bones each. I love Wegen Bluegrass picks and would buy them even if they were more expensive. BC will make you a BC 45 if you ask them to for the same price. My budget nod goes to Snarling Dogs Brain picks. Adolescent marketing but you get a metal tin with a dozen for $5. Crazy good grips and the heavy (orange) ones have decent tone for inexpensive picks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion