The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimL View Post
They are similar to the Cabaret, but when I looked at those they double the price, new or used. The Eastman is a newer animal. Not sure how many Buscarino sets up every year, in the beginning it seemed like a minimal number.
Eastman Cabarets aren't produced in large numbers, sadly. John had one not long ago not anymore. But I suppose if anyone can order them from Eastman it's him.
For me it's a great guitar, but I'm "just an amateur" who doesn't circulate in pro circles anymore so the only thing I can affirm with certainty is that it's a very loud instrument (enough that I plug the soundport at home to reduce the volume directed at me a bit).

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 03-26-2024, 06:45 PM
Go Acoustic Audio

My Super Acoustic models are made to be fully acoustic. They are really good recording guitars because there is not the rumble of a deeper Classical.

I included a video in this thread of Larry Koonse with Catina Luna. Thar guitar is unplugged.

I originally made that guitar for the great Los Angeles guitar legend Jimmy Wyble, one of the most inspiring people I ever knew. I truly loved that man.

Jimmy was a close friend of Roger Borys and played his arch top guitars. He bought the guitar from me with the intent of giving it to Larry Koonse. He kept it only a few weeks and Larry took it to record with Lilliana Souza unplugged. It never returned to Jimmy.

Here is a live Video of Larry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmziNbrBhn8

When Billy recorded this record he insisted on the Super ACE, This was long before we developed GoAA. This guitar has RMC. It was made 15 years ago. Acoustically RMC pickups kill vol.

Last edited by conecaster; 03-27-2024 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

Here's the fixed link Paul. Sounds great!

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann
Old 03-29-2024, 07:42 AM
Go Acoustic Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitfiddlemann View Post
Here's the fixed link Paul. Sounds great!
Thanks Andre,

I fixed my post after you did, much appreciated.

How are you getting along with your GoAA system I installed for you?
Old 03-29-2024, 09:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conecaster View Post
How are you getting along with your GoAA system I installed for you?
Paul,
It's just amazing.
I'm so anxious to post a video for the folks here on this system of yours. I'm afraid to come off as overly exhuberant, to the point of not being credible, but I really think this is a definite game changer for all nylon playing folks, including classical, who are looking for an option to play amplified.
I know that you designed this system with live performers in mind, or those who gig a lot in open mics, but I'm telling you, this has forever changed the way I like to play classical at home in my den. I don't play un-amplified anymore. The sound is so fat and round, each string just as clear as the other. No muddiness, no quackiness. Crystal clear harmonics. It's just so pleasant to hear, even when I'm just practicing. It feels like I've become a better player overnight! I know it ain't so, so it must be your system.
It's really something. In fact, I decided to sell my other, and arguably better luthier built classical, because I'm only reaching for the Cervantes now when I play classical. This guitar never sounded so good.
So glad I decided to send it down to you. I'm sorry that you had to spend so much time removing my K&K unit to replace it with yours, but it was so worth it for me. I'm hoping to post something soon when I get the time.
In the meantime, at least people can see Walter's video that you posted earlier.

I sincerely hope you can get the message out about this GoAA system of yours. It's not hype. People looking to amplify their acoustic guitars really need to take a good look at your acoustic website!

- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

Old 03-29-2024, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitfiddlemann View Post
I'm afraid to come off as overly exhuberant, to the point of not being credible
Well, this has been coming across as an "infomercial" for a bit now ... Or maybe I should just say "go get a room already"?

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Old 03-29-2024, 11:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
Well, this has been coming across as an "infomercial" for a bit now ... Or maybe I should just say "go get a room already"?
Well, he caught me on a high. I saw his post right after I had put my guitar away from this morning's practice session.
Seriously, as guitarists we are blessed to live in an age with such great choices in instruments and gear!
My words came from the heart. No disclaimers necessary!

- Paul Azinger

– Mark Twain

Old 03-29-2024, 03:59 PM
Go Acoustic Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
RJ

You think you know better about my intent than Andre? You don't know me or my commitment to people I work with. I guess if someone was on here trashing me you would be satisfied?

Unlike many on this forum I have a long public history. I make no apologies for that and bullying my client for his honest reaction to a question is out of bounds, if you find his honesty offensive, or people asking me to answer questions regarding my past an Infomercial, go take it to some other authority, I am not giving you that license.

I have done nothing here to attack or abuse this platform. I find your assertion pathetic!!

Andre has every prerogative to speak without having to be put on the defensive for what he feels about his experience with me. If anyone is acting Crass I think its not us.

But in your honor RJ,

I am posting this recording. I received word yesterday from Pat Metheny, that he used GoAA on his latest solo recording project.

Last year for his 10 week solo tour. I installed GoAA in a nylon string Baritone for him, one of 3 guitars we did.

He wanted to let me know we are credited on the album notes and that the system is on the recording. He loves what we do.

But if this annoys you, I want to make sure this example is posted here in response to your attack on Adre's credibility, if for no other reason to show Andre is not alone.

I would not have posted Pat here prior to your comments.

I guess I am so starved for affirmation I need to setup Andre to come on here and misrepresent his honest assessment.

Pathetic!!
Old 03-29-2024, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conecaster View Post
Pathetic!!
Try googling "" first next time ?

Old 03-29-2024, 04:36 PM
Get off my lawn kid

So did the OP find their guitar of choice?

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical