The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-28-2024, 05:01 PM

Default medical evaluations

On a recent med thread ; I thought I 'd ask another question. After any of my Doctors visits ,I get an email and a text asking to rate us! I did do a few but then they bombard you with these! Anybody else get these? I have complained about it but it's like "trying to call your Docs office on the phone"!! Ya never talk to a human.
Old 03-28-2024, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

Smile

I just got one from my Tuesday Dr. appt this week. 10's all around. A different diagnosis and the ratings might be not so good.

Seriously, I get them all the time, not just from the medical community. I don't bother with 99% of them. They're automatically generated. I just go delete delete delete. But if I have a few minutes and an actual opinion, I'll respond.

Martin Custom Shop 000-28 Authentic Aged 1937
Fairbanks F20
Rainsong CO-OM1100NST
Old 03-29-2024, 07:08 AM
Charter Member

My understanding is that the medical community lives buy the evaluations. They modify their action as a group by this information. If you pay attention, you can see doctors and nurses following procedure when interacting with you the patient.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 03-29-2024, 07:34 AM

Many times I'll get these as texts while I'm walking to my car following the appointment! When that happens I'm usually in no mood and delete them. Funny how they make me wait to see them but are right on top of the survey.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:21 AM

It's like when you make an appointment somewhere you get an automated request to verify your appointment, many times several of them. I ignore them. I made an appointment, I'll be there.
Old 03-29-2024, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

I get these periodically from the VA, but I am more than happy to use these to thank them for the quality care I get.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 03-29-2024, 10:56 AM

I am reluctant to rate things, because I dont trust the anonymity of it, if I have a complaint.

The lack of good communication is my main complaint, aka customer service. If I have a question, those automated menus are terrible if you don't have your party's extension.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:18 AM

I can say this because I'm old:

Old 03-29-2024, 02:38 PM

Exclamation Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
After any of my Doctors visits ,I get an email and a text asking to rate us! Anybody else get these?
After every visit, phone call, text message...once you get into the system it won't stop. I ignore them...as do my doctors!
Old 03-29-2024, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
I am reluctant to rate things, because I dont trust the anonymity of it, if I have a complaint.

The lack of good communication is my main complaint, aka customer service. If I have a question, those automated menus are terrible if you don't have your party's extension.
If you have a complaint with your doctor, you should voice it./. How will they know they are messing up in your care?
Old 03-30-2024, 09:21 AM

I’m sick of all these surveys! Service providers and retailers should be aware enough to judge whether their service is meeting acceptable standards; or they can start paying me to do their QA. Rant over.
Old 03-30-2024, 07:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipkohl View Post
I’m sick of all these surveys! Service providers and retailers should be aware enough to judge whether their service is meeting acceptable standards; or they can start paying me to do their QA. Rant over.
yep. I always fill out the survey as my PCP is wonderful. And under the final broad question of 'is there anything else you'd like to tell us' I usually rant about what I assume is their low return rate of surveys given that they've provided me no incentive to complete it-other than the old guy satisfaction of being grumpy
Old 04-01-2024, 03:29 PM

I fill them out , my providers are good . but the phones service is awful! I put that in there but no cares.
Old 04-03-2024, 01:43 PM

i read the other day that so many of these medical offices are owned by some larger company and they push these docs to see x number of patient and limit the time they can spend with them in order to keep the money flowing. Maybe it has to do with metrics for these companies. It's getting all so weird in my opinion.
Old 04-03-2024, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Modern marketing. They are asking you to advertise for them, for free. This often appeals to the ego because everyone wants to be heard.
I find the idea that I need to give someone my money AND give them my time to write a review to be a bit obnoxious. But, I'm happy to give a review if I received exceptional service/product, or if I feel I need to warn people.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic