The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-01-2024, 03:54 PM

Soups,
thanks for the video. I loved them both but particularly the nineteen. smaller mid focused, old wood sounding, dead string....these are things that get me excited

Jay
Old 02-02-2024, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soups View Post
I believe it was about 4% of declared value.

Shipping took around a week. Five days to be exact for both guitars I got from them.
Wow great -- thanks for all the info.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:35 PM
Charter Member

Traded for this last week. Hot off the presses - an Atkin nineteen deluxe but with mahogany back and sides (a bit of a gaffe on the part of Atkin as it was supposed to have rosewood back & sides). Previous owner only had it two weeks and added a LR Baggs HIFI pickup which is outstanding.
Old 04-20-2024, 10:16 PM
Charter Member

Dude. Come. On.

You’re killing me. That thing looks SO good.
Old 04-21-2024, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

Dang soups, I was in talks with Bill at the Fretted Buffalo about that guitar before I pulled the trigger on my nineteen standard! (it sold before I could get it) Looks great!

Last edited by btc5865; 04-21-2024 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-21-2024, 07:30 AM
Charter Member

Beautiful guitars - Atkin seems to knock it out of the park every time, and I'm sure this one's no exception. I have not played the 19 yet but have owned several Atkin models and every single one has been great, most spectacular. Some may not prefer their (generally) slimmer neck profiles, but boy do they have tone, playability and mojo! Congrats on another fantastic guitar.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

What a beauty! I really want an Atkin… If you decide to sell drop me a note!! How does it compare to your old Atkin D37?

1992 Taylor (DCSM)Dan Crary Signature Model

Old 04-21-2024, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

Gotta agree - the dead *** strings sound perfect on that 19. Great video. Thanks for sharing. I have something to check out now.
Old 04-21-2024, 06:53 PM
Charter Member

Default Atkin Nineteen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenpalms View Post
What a beauty! I really want an Atkin… If you decide to sell drop me a note!! How does it compare to your old Atkin D37?

Ironically, the D37 was the reason for this coming to me. The Gentleman that I traded my D37 to was so smitten with it That he purchased both 19s for sale in the states. He decided between the two, and let this one go to me. Both this and the D37 are resonant and lively But are distinctly different in that they’re built in the image of Martin and Gibson respectively. It’s tough to say which one is better, or if they really compare. In the end, they really emulate the styles that they are paying tribute to, and add a little bit of extra umph. Atkin may not be Collings in fit and finish but they make up for it in tone - and then some

Quote:
Originally Posted by abn556 View Post
Gotta agree - the dead *** strings sound perfect on that 19. Great video. Thanks for sharing. I have something to check out now.

I should do a video of the two nineteens now that I have both in the house.

Last edited by soups; 04-21-2024 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

Here they both are. Hope to do a comparison video soon.
Old 04-24-2024, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Whats the depth of your two? I'm right at 4", however, Atkins website says it should be 4 7/8"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion