The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-27-2024, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY
Default What is this light green electric guitar?

I like the sound that was coming from it in a video. It was attached to a small amp. The video was "Lights Light Up" by Fenne Lily. This picture is very unclear, but it was the best I could do. The headstock looks like a fender, but I couldn't find one that had 4 knobs. I saw an image of a light green Jazz Master, but it only had 2 knobs, Thanks.
Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 5.41.08 PM.jpg
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 04-27-2024, 05:27 PM

I could be wrong, but it looks like the Fender Chris Shiflett signature Tele Deluxe in shoreline gold.

Last edited by RussL30; 04-27-2024 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2024, 05:30 PM
Charter Member

…never mind… Tele Custom for sure. My previous ramblings about Deluxes and Thinlines have been removed to avoid further embarrassment.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 04-27-2024 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2024, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
…never mind… Tele Custom for sure. My previous ramblings about Deluxes and Thinlines have been removed to avoid further embarrassment.
Fender has a couple of "stock" Custom shop Teles close to that configuration, but this one also has a early vintage Strat neck and custom color. Probably a "Mod Shop" Tele.

Fender Mod Shop Telecaster... any configuration, any neck, any color. (Including Surf Green!)

EDIT: It looks like RussL30 has the closest stock configuration answer! (HERE) Excellent job, Russ!

Last edited by Rudy4; 04-27-2024 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2024, 07:19 AM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Thanks, Russ. I'll look into the Fender Chris Shiflett signature Tele Deluxe in shoreline gold.
Thanks David--I'll check a Tele custom. Too bad I can't read your ramblings.
Thanks Rudy. I wonder if "Mod Shop" is the same as "Tele custom."

I'm on a hunt!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 04-29-2024, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Fender has a couple of "stock" Custom shop Teles close to that configuration, but this one also has a early vintage Strat neck and custom color. Probably a "Mod Shop" Tele.

Fender Mod Shop Telecaster... any configuration, any neck, any color. (Including Surf Green!)

EDIT: It looks like RussL30 has the closest stock configuration answer! (HERE) Excellent job, Russ!
Thanks, my guitar nerdiness finally pays off! Honestly I've only recently heard of that model because I saw it pop up on a Fender group I was in. Definitely looks like it would be an interesting guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Thanks, Russ. I'll look into the Fender Chris Shiflett signature Tele Deluxe in shoreline gold.

I'm on a hunt!
Good luck! I don't personally have any experience with this style of Tele but I sure have seen others make them sound great.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post

I'm on a hunt!
Fender markets several "customs" as retail models that are more or less stock instruments. The Mod Shop stuff is simply ordering your Tele in whatever custom configuration that you want. An example of that might be the pick guard that matches the body color.

When you hover your mouse pointer over the "Mod Shop" example at the Fender site it cycles through a bunch of different configurations to demonstrate possibilities.

I've had a couple of Strats and a few Teles that I customized and loved. I personally was never a fan of the Strat-necked Tele, but that just goes to show that we all have different tastes.

Here's the Mod Shop lowdown:

There are videos to highlight possible difficulties with getting a Mod Shop guitar, too.

Last edited by Rudy4; 04-29-2024 at 08:54 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars