The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-01-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frets4fun View Post
I laughed when I read this, because I did the same thing to a customer when I bought my 414 in 2002. He ended up following me quite a ways in the car after I left the store. I had already played it the day before and when I went back to get it, he was playing it. I waited patiently and after he put it back and walked away, I snatched it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
I laughed at your “stolen” story as that almost happened to me. I found a used Eastman E15SS at a guitar store that sounded and felt perfect. As I was playing it another customer was howering around. He finally said he wanted to play it when I was finished. I told him I was buying it and I never put it down
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCougar View Post
The nerve of some people!
My story is similar to the one frets4fun told above.

I had played the guitar the day before. But I wanted to go to Guitar Center (a friend of mine works there) and visit with him, and see if they had the guitar in stock, because I knew he'd give me a very good discount. But, they didn't have it in stock.

When I went back to the original store to try it out again the next day, there was a worship leader trying it out . . . he had played a Lowden right before I got there and was trying to decide between the two. I kept waiting for him to put the Taylor down and choose the Lowden, but that didn't happen.

But just a few days later, the store got another one in. I suspect these may be hot-sellers for Taylor.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:29 AM

Congratulations! I haven't played this model but have heard great things about. Enjoy it!
Preston Thompson: O Koa
Old 03-01-2020, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

Given the acoustic and amplified tone of my Taylor 717e and Taylor 322ce, your Taylor 327e should sound great not only acoustically but amplified as well! Enjoy!
Adamas I 2087GT-8
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 03-01-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I could include a long list of the Taylors that I've sold in the past twelve months that didn't have factory electronics so I just don't think that generalization is true...
Okay, fair enough guys. I guess ya can’t believe everything you read in one place on the Internet . Makes more sense to me now ;-0
2019 PRS Silver Sky

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion