The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-30-2017, 07:20 AM

I would never purchase a Martin guitar without playing at first. To me they are inconsistent, some being wonderful and others being fair at best. When the fact that guitar music is in the head, heart, and hands and not in the instrument.
It took a while for that concept to truly sink into my brain, but when it did my gas was over. I still have more guitars than I need but nothing is moving ,nothing gets bought and nothing gets sold.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Henry View Post
...my 2006 Gallagher. ...is as if the guitar and me were made for each other. It it's my style perfectly allows me to sound my best....

But I would have to to let the Gallagher, and some other stuff, go.....

By your description you already have your perfect guitar. Why look for something better than that and why give that up for an unknown?

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 09-30-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregg48 View Post
I would never purchase a Martin guitar without playing at first. To me they are inconsistent, some being wonderful and others being fair at best. When the fact that guitar music is in the head, heart, and hands and not in the instrument.
It took a while for that concept to truly sink into my brain, but when it did my gas was over. I still have more guitars than I need but nothing is moving ,nothing gets bought and nothing gets sold.
Appreciate the attempt to redirect the stereotype normally associated with another guitar brand. And the "it took a while for ..." part hits home as sincere, and I feel that way myself. Just don't rule out the possibility that GAS might still strike at some time in the future, for a guitar using some breakthrough technology or design that hasn't even been invented yet.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion