The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-30-2024, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcsong View Post
I own a Ryan Cathedral and you are in for a treat! Congrats!

I can't speak for the Yamaha, but I do notice that its a Jumbo body? I think a good compliment to the Ryan would be a smaller size guitar than the Ryan. Perhaps an OM that is balanced and focused.

Just my opinion after owning a Cathedral for almost 20 years (can't believe its been that long!).
Wow, I just saw your detailed reply on this thread:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=503407

You've had quite a host of experiences – not only with Ryan Cathedrals – but also with guitars built by Somogyi and other elite, world-class luthiers.

I remember someone posting about how his daughter, who had a $12,000 cello, played one at a certain performance – an $85,000 cello. I think the poster mentioned that she played it for about 15 seconds. Then she returned to her seat.

Her father asked why she played it for only that short period of time. She said something to the effect of, "I don't want to ruin the experience with my cello."

I will never play a Somogyi. 🙂

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion