The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 05-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Charter Member

Default Martin HD16R

Selling my HD16R which I would say is in 8.0-8.5 out of 10 condition. I really like the guitar, but keep preferring the sound of my old Eastman E8D. As much as I continue to try to be a 'Martin guy', I just keep going back to the more airy sound of my Eastman. But the HD16R has a very round sound with nice projection...I'd say pretty typical Martin-esque to my ear.

I am the 3rd owner I believe, and it does not appear to have been played much at all. There is just some very minimal fretwear and there is no evidence of needing a neck reset.

Lots of love for these Adirondack and Indian Rosewood Martins, which have a 1 3/4 width at the nut. Many would argue that this is one of the best bang-for-buck Martins out there.

Issues that keep it from being a 10/10:

-There is what I believe was a capo impression on the back of the neck, in between frets 2 and 3. It is not bad, but you can feel it when in that position

-There is a small impression at the very bottom of the lower bout, and some rubbing around it (I believe someone steamed it out a bit)

-The last owner said he had some binding reglue done at the waist. There is minimal evidence of that, but the bindings look to be very solid and tight

-There is an impression along the top of the back...someone maybe leaned it up against something that left a mark/scratch...hard to photograph, but it is a couple of inches long

-Otherwise it is just minor surface scratches that could probably be buffed out...very normal and nothing particularly worth noting

Asking $1,900, and am willing to split shipping cost to CONUS up to $50 on my end. She will ship from North Carolina.

I have some other pictures if you want to see them. Just drop your cell # in a PM to me and I can forward other pictures and any that you might want to see more closely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front.jpg (94.9 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg Back.jpg (101.9 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg Bottom.jpg (101.3 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg Top.jpg (92.0 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg Fret.jpg (90.7 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg Impression.jpg (91.6 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg Ding Fret.jpg (58.6 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg Action.jpg (37.1 KB, 220 views)
Old 05-10-2024, 12:53 PM
Charter Member

Friday afternoon bumparoo....
Old 05-15-2024, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Bumping it up...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars