The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-24-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalling View Post
Good to hear. Yes, $300 is what I'm paying, too, and I heard yesterday the neck is rady for the purchase to be made.
I didn't have to make any neck adjustment to my nylon string Multiac to have the action I want. Someone else on this thread linked to the information about adjusting the action using shims between the neck and body to get the action where you want it. Once the neck is fitted, from what I recall from the article about setting the action, shims like a small piece of sandpaper, a business card, etc usually suffice to make enough adjustment. Good luck and enjoy the result.
Old 02-24-2022, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

I replaced a neck on a Furch D-25. I sent the serial number into Furch and they made a replacement neck. I do suggest you have someone who has more then a few years experience in neck resets. I took mine into Ken at Mountain song guitars. He also is a world class luthier. It did needed to be shaved and shaped for to get a proper neck angle and he did a great job, as did Furch with the replacement. And, compared to USA prices, the replacement neck was very inexpensive

Nothing wrong with the old
neck but I wanted a slimmer nut and neck profile.
And, I found some one who wanted my old neck ( Or I should say they found me)
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 02-24-2022, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

If they're made to the same precision as Fender electric guitar necks -I would think they are- it should be quite simple. I'm no tech but have easily changed out a few 3- and 4-bolt necks on teles and strats. Assuming you'd have the tech do the final set-up anyway, the added labor on swapping out the neck should be no big deal.
Old 02-24-2022, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmel555 View Post
If they're made to the same precision as Fender electric guitar necks -I would think they are- it should be quite simple. I'm no tech but have easily changed out a few 3- and 4-bolt necks on teles and strats. Assuming you'd have the tech do the final set-up anyway, the added labor on swapping out the neck should be no big deal.
Yes, as I said, she, the tech, has had the current neck off before and repositioned it to create less string height. I can't think she'll have any problems with a new neck.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion