The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-20-2017, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Walker View Post
I'm glad D'Addario is making good on the strings. I've been using them for close to 40 years and have always found the folks there to be wonderful.

You may want to have someone check underneath the bridge, where the ball goes into the slot. For awhile I was breaking strings right about where you were, and it turned out that the slot was wearing out. Not sure if that's your problem, as you said this happens on three of your guitars, but it's worth a look.

Aside from that, I've never had any problems breaking strings, and I play awfully hard.
Yeah Toby I'm happy with both D'Addario and Sweetwater for the way they're following up and handling everything. I'm pretty sure I just got part of a bad batch (unfortunately it's a 10 pack). If the replacements they send me go back to my normal expected use time I was getting before I'll be a happy camper and good to go. And this is what I'm expecting to happen. They do sound good and normally last as long as any uncoated string I've ever used. My skin chemistry corrodes them quickly so they have to get changed about every two weeks anyway. My guitars that stay at home have EXP's or Elixers on them because you never break a string on the couch. LOL
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion