The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-21-2011, 04:44 PM

Default Question for Larrivee intelligentsia

I tried out a Fame Maple bodied L-03 made in Vancouver today. Loved the sound and playability, but can't find any info about it whatsoever. The store owner said it was a discontinued model. I'd like to know if it's a limited edition and its approximate date of manufacture.

Thanks,

matt

- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Old 01-21-2011, 05:02 PM

With the information given, I can't help you out other than to suggest: 1). send an email to Larrivee ([email protected]) and give them the serial number and they may, or may not, have records on the guitar. 2). post your question over at the Larrivee Forum (www.larriveeforum.com). They are a great bunch of guys and some are pretty knowledgeable on all things Larrivee.

I have a buddy that bought a 1992 Larrive L-09 Flamed Maple Custom Edition and the thing is just amazing in sound, playability, and looks - the thing is just stunning to just look at. It is my "hidden agenda" to buy it off of him one of these days. )

Good Luck in your search for answers.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:02 PM

If you don't get the answer here, try:

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?action=forum

Even better, email Larrivee. They have an excellent customer service department. I have received a prompt and helpful reply for every query I have sent them.

-You could just as well be hung for a sheep as a goat.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Charter Member

Jean Larrivee has done special runs of their recording series ( -03s ) guitars in lots of different woods. Flame maple, quilted maple, figured mahogany, walnut, silver oak, bubinga, koa, blackwood, - I know I can't remember them all. Some have been made more than once, so that doesn't help date it. Anything other than mahogany or rosewood would be considered "special" or "limited" edition. They are not uncommon, and generally don't command very high prices, but they can be difficult to find if you wanted to buy one later, so if you found one that speaks to you, I'd recommend you grab it -

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion