The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Default pink poodle case missing for GA

Strictly need opinions here (there are a few out there I'm sure).

I'm looking at a newer GA that typically comes with the brown case with the burgandy interior. The owner sold that case and bought a black case that is typically what you get on a 314ce or 414ce. Should I care? Just concerned down the road for resale.

Jim at guitar rodeo can sell me one but it would be too much to make sense. Unless I sell the black GA case...not many records on ebay to get a price point for cases.

Does it matter?

Thanks
Old 03-05-2010, 01:36 PM

I just bought a used 514ce and had the seller exchange it for the case from his 414ce because it was in better condition. To me, a case is a case and it shouldn't matter.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverrlm View Post
Strictly need opinions here (there are a few out there I'm sure).

I'm looking at a newer GA that typically comes with the brown case with the burgandy interior. The owner sold that case and bought a black case that is typically what you get on a 314ce or 414ce. Should I care? Just concerned down the road for resale.

Jim at guitar rodeo can sell me one but it would be too much to make sense. Unless I sell the black GA case...not many records on ebay to get a price point for cases.

Does it matter?

Thanks
For what it's worth, I've got a GA4 with the black case and an 814ce with the brown/burgundy case and the black case is by far the best fitting of the two. The neck support in the black case is much thicker and cut deeper to support the neck and keep it centered in the case. I've tried it with both guitars and they both fit better in the black case that came with the GA4.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:19 PM

Just some information for you about my experiences with Taylor cases. I use to have an older 810 with a pink poodle case......brown tolex outer with pinkish, purple satin inside. I also own a newer 714 with a brown case with black interior. Both fit very well but that's where the simularities end. The older case is about 1/3 more wieght as it was made with 5 ply plywood. It also kept humidity better, needing water added to a planet wave & a soapdish half as often as the newer case. The older case was better by a wide margin in my experience. I wouldn't mind finding & buying an older case for my 714. They are a hastle due to their wieght, but they seal very tight and keep precious humidity in the case where it belongs!

714ce LTD/SPEC
810 -SOLD-
1991 Takamine EN-10 (AN)
Mid-Mo M2 mandolin
1989 Valley Arts Strat
1988 Fender American Tele

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion