The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-05-2012, 06:53 AM

Default Matin Warranty Work

My 000-15 has slight separation at the heel of the neck where it meets the body.The other guitar a 000cxe has a belly below the saddle and the bridge is lifting.I'm trying to decide to take the 2hr drive to Martin or use a local warranty repair person.My choices are Paul Nieto in NYC or Carlo Greco in W.Harrison NY.Has anyone used either for warranty work? In the past I've taken the ride to Martin and have been happy with the repair work from the factory.I've emailed Martin about the defects and they said either Carlo or Paul would be able to handle the needed repairs.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 AM

If it's only a matter of a 2hr drive I would tke them to Martin.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 AM

I've never had the pleasure of actually taking a ride to Martin itself, So if that's a option for you it sounds like a winner.

However, I think Martin holds their certified repairmen to a pretty high standard to do their repair work. And theirs no law against checking references on them and doing some homework to see if you trust them for doing the job. Fortunately I'm close to their #1 repairman in the country.... Richard Starky. So my repair with Martin went very well. But I think if Martin mentioned them by name they can handle the job

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion