The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 10:41 AM

Default so excited!

I'm from Israel and I own a beautiful Ted Thompson t-1 deluxe. However, it has no cutway or electronics, and the neck is not ideal for me, so I've been looking for a while for a new acoustic guitar.

I just bought a new 814ce, not here yet, I bought it from ebay and shipped it to a friend who lives in Connecticut, I'll have it here on June. Anyway, I'm really excited, as I've tried one here on a local shop and it's really nice and comfortable, and mine will have the new es system from 2010!

I'll let you know when I get it..
Old 04-17-2010, 10:44 AM

Congratulations on the 814ce which I'm told it Taylor's most popular model. Now, what are your plans for that Thompson?
Old 04-17-2010, 10:48 AM

Default :)

Right now I'm thinking of keeping it, it is truly an amazing instrument. If I ever in need of cash, I might think of selling it.

I think what I like most about the taylor is the fact that the neck is well radiused ("15) and feels more like an electric guitar neck. If I had the thousands of dollards to buy an R taylor I'd go with a style 2 and a slim carve neck, but I figured for now I'll do with the regular taylor neck which is also very comfortable. I'm basically a jazz guitarist and really like a neck made for fast playing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion