The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-13-2010, 10:01 AM

Default how to turn off body sensors in 2006 ES

I have a 2006 914ce. Anyone know how to turn the body sensors off. I don't see any switches to do that.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Whippersnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by inigo montoya View Post
I have a 2006 914ce. Anyone know how to turn the body sensors off. I don't see any switches to do that.
Switches were a later addition to the ES system. 2007 I believe. Only the 9-volt versions have them.
Only option for you is an upgrade from Taylor (probably not worth the price if you only want the switches), or a more permanent *snip snip*

Bel isi,
-kyle
www.kurtscobie.com
Old 03-13-2010, 12:35 PM

a little less permanent than "snip" is.... each of the sensors has a pair of wires running to the circuit board locate near the three knobs.... those wires connect to a jack that can be unplugged from the board. at least this was the case with my 2003 410rce....

i subsequently upgraded to the newest generation of the new 9-volt ES with only one switch. so far, i think it sounds great.

be well,

jim

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion