The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-23-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
And your rankings for Bose T1, TC Play Acoustic, and Berry ADi12 as front end into Bose L1C would be?
It depends on the situation...

Solo Live Gig - Play Acoustic with it's enhanced vocals, harmonies, tuner, boost, switchable guitar effects and looper.

The PA is Hard to beat.... Without going to multiple pedals. Bose T1 is not something that is switchable on the fly. No foot switch and no vocal harmony. No looper etc.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
So I was cleaning up my home studio and discovered a little maroon colored box in my "junk" drawer.
Oh yeah, I remember buying this!

Plugged in my Gibson J35 with Baggs M80 ...
Direct Into the (EQ-less) Bose L1C.

Cranked the Blend knob and tweaked the EQ...
Dang, really not too shabby...

Anyone else ?

Hi Jake

I bought one several years back to see what it was like quality-wise, and how easy it would be to use.

I was pleasantly surprised! It improves a K&K Pure Mini in an amp or PA system nicely, and the only downside (if there is one) is it's made of plastic. But it's rugged, and I've never felt the need to pamper it. It improves the sound of undersaddle piezo pickups very nicely as well.

If I'm going to a gig where there may be a player without a preamp who has an internal pickup, I bring it along as my loaner, and have loaned it out several times to players who have a K&K and have not yet invested in a preamp. The sweepable mid-range frequency control is priceless with acoustic guitars.

It's always worked well, and it's still working just fine after 4 years. I just roll the blend all the way in. It's a great DI box as well when you need to interface with an amp or PA (or both at the same time).

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 01-23-2018, 11:34 AM

For the price it's great. But I found that I need to roll off the bass all the way down with my K&K pickup, while the Red-Eye doesn't sound bassy even with any further EQ.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsum View Post
For the price it's great. But I found that I need to roll off the bass all the way down with my K&K pickup, while the Red-Eye doesn't sound bassy even with any further EQ.
Hi M
That's because the Red Eye is pre-EQed, and you can't adjust the bass up or down (nor the midrange).

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 02-05-2019, 09:20 AM

Would it be beneficial to use the ADI 21 with a passive soundhole pickup, like the DiMarzio Angel or SD Woody?

Years ago I played out, micing acoustic guitar into channel 2 and soundhole pickup into channel 3 (1/4" jack) and blending. It was a compromise of sound & tone versus feedback.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:27 AM

These are awesome units, especially for the price. Behringer typically got a bad rep that started eons ago but I for one have 3 pieces of their gear, the ADI21 being one of them, have used them for years with no issues.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:48 PM

At such a crazy low price, and with apparently decent results, I am thinking of getting 3 of them and dedicate one to each of my 3 very different acoustics that go into a TC Helicon Play Acoustic. Tweak each combo to match, get a ABC switch and have instant playability without fussing - especially at gigs. Good idea... maybe?
Old 02-05-2019, 04:44 PM

Some of the simpler products on the market, such as a RedEye, are expensive because they are hand made and quite small. Behringer did a good job with the GDI21 and ADI21. I like them both. Nothing about the price point is suspicious to me as an EE given how simple the original product was and how cheap they would be if our kids all wanted one.

If they clone a ToneDextor for $29 then I would be screaming caveat emptor.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 02-05-2019, 06:11 PM

I think they're great, I actually bought two of them. One is mounted on my gig-ready pedalboard, and the second is for an acoustic amp that I use on Saturdays at the local farmers' market. They make my K&K sound good, and it gives me some control over EQ and volume within reach.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:59 PM

I have a LR Baggs Venue DI and got the AD121about 5 months ago as a birthday present. I am almost embarrassed to say I use the AD121 more. I am not a techie type sound guy, give me something simple that works and I am happy............. It works and I am happy
Old 02-06-2019, 07:00 PM

Would the ADI21 work well with a passive sound hole pick up going into a mixing board?
Old 02-06-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ville Brent View Post
Would the ADI21 work well with a passive sound hole pick up going into a mixing board?
Yes it certainly would!
Old 02-06-2019, 08:27 PM

Thank you GuitarLuva! I was hoping it would be beneficial so I could possibly eliminate a mic and stand. I've always been my own roadie. Also appreciate the input of forum members regarding this device.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ville Brent View Post
Thank you GuitarLuva! I was hoping it would be beneficial so I could possibly eliminate a mic and stand. I've always been my own roadie. Also appreciate the input of forum members regarding this device.
No problem man. Those units are such good value every guitar player should own one.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:47 PM

I like mine fine

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification