The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 09-28-2017, 11:47 AM
Charter Member

Default Froggy Bottom F12 model, would consider an F14 or K model

If anyone has a spare Froggy Bottom F12 (ideally) or F14 model then I could be interested in buying one, depending on price/condition/tonewood. This is possibly the last purchase I'll make before I start to offload a few of my own in the future. I'm relatively contented with my core guitars & have 2 exceptional new builds due in the nearish future. However I've always wanted to try out a Froggy Bottom F model so before I take my foot off the GAS pedal once and for all, I could be open to one last splash of my cash. Normally I would always prefer rosewood but on this occasion, I would be very open to mahogany as well. One of my new build arrivals will be a 12 fretted F model so maybe I'm leaning more to an F14 model.....but I'll keep my options open at this stage. I could possibly be interested in a part trade with either of my peripheral guitars, a Kinnaird SJ or my Martin HJ38 Stefan Grossman Ltd Edition. But I'm 50:50 about letting either of those go because they're so good. In the meantime I'd like to listen to any offers & see where we go from here. I'm not in an immediate rush to buy one but if the right one shows up then I'll be happy to do a deal. This is a luxury purchase rather than a necessity....I just want to find out what all the fuss is about regarding these Froggy F models .

Last edited by neildealdylan; 12-28-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Change of title specs
Old 09-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Well, I'm sorry I don't have one to sell or trade but can tell they are well worth the time and effort to seek out. I have one as my playing out guitar and it is stellar. Adi over EIR 12-fret slot-head. Would recommend one to anyone.

BTW, I have Bill working on a Crescendo for me. I'll let you know how it compares to an OMT.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:49 AM

Wink Hello again, Neil my friend

You know you could ship that fine Stephen Kinnaird and the HJ38 Stephan Grossman to me here in Florida. I'll take great care of them while they're here and then I'll ship ConUS for you no charge to your new buyer. LOL! What a Deal!!!
Old 09-30-2017, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

Question Bump....

Code:
Well, I'm sorry I don't have one to sell or trade but can tell they are well worth the time and effort to seek out. I have one as my playing out guitar and it is stellar. Adi over EIR 12-fret slot-head. Would recommend one to anyone. 

BTW, I have Bill working on a Crescendo for me. I'll let you know how it compares to an OMT.
That's quite a recommendation coming from you Dennis, knowing your impeccable taste in guitars. I've come close to buying a Froggy F model a few times but each time I've backed off at the last minute because soundclips have never convinced me 100%. Soundclips, as we all know, can be deceptive anyway depending on the quality. But now I've decided "what the heck" and go for it before I quit GASSING. I've always had a strong leaning towards an F12 model but my new build Greven White Lady FXN is due soon & that should be the ultimate 12 fretter. So maybe I'm leaning more in the F14 direction now, rosewood or hog. I'd love to hear more about your Tippin Crescendo & if it's even half as good as my Tippin OMT then I know you'll be stoked. I feel privileged to own my Tippin OMT & feel the salmon crate sitka top makes all the difference.

Code:
You know you could ship that fine Stephen Kinnaird and the HJ38 Stephan Grossman to me here in Florida. I'll take great care of them while they're here and then I'll ship ConUS for you no charge to your new buyer. LOL! What a Deal!!!
Sounds too good to be true JD , who knows what the future will be. I suspect the Kinnaird SJ will be returning "home" to the USA, if I decide to shift it. There's been a lot of interest from "over the pond" and I've turned down a few offers on it. I think the international divide is a deterrent to most AGFers although I don't know why. But I'm very happy to keep it for the time being unless I receive a strong Froggy trade. The Martin HJ38SG is a great guitar & the Madi gives it some real quality & gusto. Right now I just love F/0000 guitars....so I'll give this thread a little nudge to the top again and thank both Dennis & JD for their input.

PS. Going to Bruges for 4 days so excuse any late replies to PM's/emails in advance because I like to switch off when on my hols
Old 10-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Charter Member

Default A nudge to the top.....F14 possibilities or trade?

Back from my Belgian break. Replied to emails/PM's. I'm seriously considering the offer of an exceptional Froggy F12 but thought I would just give this another nudge to see if anyone might have an F14 model and/or if anyone might want to do a part trade with an exceptional Kinnaird SJ or Martin HJ38 Stefan Grossman Ltd edition. I'm open on tonewoods & my only reason for slightly deliberating is because in the near future I hope to receive another 12 fretted rosewood model, a new build Greven White Lady FXN, which might overlap the tonal nuances of this F12 model. Either way, I'm stupidly tempted into pulling the trigger even if I'd prefer a part trade rather than an outright purchase.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Default Bump it up...

Bump! Just bumping this one out of curiosity really because I think I've found an ideal Froggy F12. But if someone out there has an F14 model and would consider a part trade with my Kinnaird SJ or Martin HJ38SG then we could be talking serious business. Long shot, I know but worth a go!

Last edited by neildealdylan; 10-11-2017 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

Default Fresh bump....

"Change of circumstances" bump. I'd agreed to buy a Froggy F12 deluxe & organised the sale of one of my own to justify it's purchase. However the seller changed his mind so I'm in the market for a Froggy Bottom F12 (deluxe preferably). I would also consider the merits of an F14 or K model too. Even though any purchase or trade would be a "luxury" transaction rather than one born of necessity.....I'm definitely motivated to buy one after the being let down by the seller. Feel free to PM or email me with any possible deal.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Default Still motivated.....

Still motivated to buy an F12 and still a little raw over losing out on the other one. I know they're pretty thin on the ground but they seem to crop up intermittently. Thanks for the PM's and emails but it's a larger bodied Froggy model that I'm after. Bump it up...
Old 01-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

Default And another bump....

To the top again.....any prospective Froggy F12 seller speak now before the cash is used elsewhere. Motivated to buy the right Froggy F model....
Old 01-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Charter Member

Default Still looking.....

Bump again, still looking for a Froggy Bottom F12 deluxe ideally. Would be willing to consider reluctant trades of some kind with my Kinnaird SJ & Martin HJ38SG. Would rather keep those & buy outright but possibly worth dangling a carrot to entice the perfect Froggy.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Charter Member

Default Sunday bump..

Sunday bump to the top....
Old 01-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Default Froggy F12?

Another prod to the top. Seriously considering the possibility of using my spare guitar cash on another top guitar if a Froggy Bottom F14 model doesn't show up soon....so bump it up again.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

I had an F12C in Walnut/Adi--it was a stellar guitar in all respects, but I sold it a few years back to make room for another.

But I wish I still had it...

Good luck on your search!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 01-16-2018, 05:25 PM
Charter Member

Default Bump it again...

Thanks Nemoman, I'm certain your walnut/adi F12 was sublime. I've received a few offers on other Froggy models but I'm still hanging in there for an F12 ideally. Like I've said before, this is a luxury purchase for me & not a necessity. I feel my Greven White Lady FXN new build project will be the ultimate 12 fretter when complete. However I've always had a longing to try out a Froggy & the F12 is the one which appeals to me more than any other. So if you know someone who needs to offload one then I could be a ready buyer depending on tonewoods, condition & price. So to the top this goes.......
Old 01-23-2018, 11:37 AM
Charter Member

Default Another nudge....

Almost giving up on this one but I can understand my no one is willing to offload a Froggy F model. Bumpity bump.......

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars