The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Guest 928

Methos;

When you mention the Carvin are you referring to the Carvin battery powered portable amp? If so, I would be interesting in hearing your impressions of the amp and how long the batteries last.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Methos;

When you mention the Carvin are you referring to the Carvin battery powered portable amp? If so, I would be interesting in hearing your impressions of the amp and how long the batteries last.
No, our Carvin is a standard AG200 model although we did go with a custom Tolex cover. I just wish I'd bought the matching cabinet before they went under. Very sad as it's a lot of amp for the money. Not sure where we'll go from here if and when the Carvin either starts to act up or becomes not enough for our needs.

I'm hopeful of these newer pole array models that are starting to flood the market. Eventually one of them will hit all the sweet spots which includes running off a battery. There's already a couple out there but they seem to be in the first iterations. I typically don't like being a beta tester for a new product unless it's free!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber