The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-22-2018, 09:17 AM

Default ToneDexter on the way, seeking suggestions for battery powered P.A. to pair with

Just ordered the ToneDexter to be used with K&K pickup guitars, super excited to set it up. My only mics are Rode nt5s. hopefully they do the trick.

For amplification, I am considering the Boss AC33, have heard good reviews on the Samson Expedition XP106w, also perhaps Roland Cube? Has to be battery powered - rechargeable would be better obviously. Also, assume no budget constraints, just open ended (out of curiosity )

Given that the ToneDexter gives a Mic'ed effect via XLR, perhaps I don't need the AC33's guitar input?

I only need a fair amount of sound re-enforcement, playing nursing homes and city corners etc

Thanks Gents
Old 01-22-2018, 10:54 PM

Default ToneDexter on the way, seeking suggestions for battery powered P.A. to pair with

Wait a few weeks for the new Bose S1 Pro. Then, buy it. Also, you may need to rethink your plan. Tondexter is not battery operated.

Last edited by martingitdave; 01-22-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Wait a few weeks for the new Bose S1 Pro. Then, buy it. Also, you may need to rethink your plan. Tondexter is not battery operated.
good point on portable power for tonedexter, shucks. So, i do have an Atomic CLR personal monitor/wedge I use as the amp for a Kemper profiler (electric guitar gear). I guess I can start with that as my sound source with the tonedexter, it is a co-incidient linear response speaker. wonder how well it is suited to playback acoustic guitar via tonedexter, its mantra is "totally flat eq response"
Old 01-23-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Just ordered the ToneDexter to be used with K&K pickup guitars, super excited to set it up. My only mics are Rode nt5s. hopefully they do the trick.

For amplification, I am considering the Boss AC33, have heard good reviews on the Samson Expedition XP106w, also perhaps Roland Cube? Has to be battery powered - rechargeable would be better obviously. Also, assume no budget constraints, just open ended (out of curiosity )

Given that the ToneDexter gives a Mic'ed effect via XLR, perhaps I don't need the AC33's guitar input?

I only need a fair amount of sound re-enforcement, playing nursing homes and city corners etc

Thanks Gents
I love the Sunburst Gear speakers. Rechargeable, battery powered, and a few choices depending on your needs. And I have K & K's in all my guitars.

Cheers, kb
Old 01-23-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
good point on portable power for tonedexter, shucks. So, i do have an Atomic CLR personal monitor/wedge I use as the amp for a Kemper profiler (electric guitar gear). I guess I can start with that as my sound source with the tonedexter, it is a co-incidient linear response speaker. wonder how well it is suited to playback acoustic guitar via tonedexter, its mantra is "totally flat eq response"
You can easily battery power a Tonedexter with a portable, variable multi-voltage powerbank, like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0745...7X97QU2Y&psc=1
Old 01-23-2018, 10:20 PM

The two products below will allow you to use ten AA batteries to power the Tonedexter. Alkaline batteries will produce 15 volts, and rechargeable batteries will produce 12 volts, either of which are supposed to work with the Tonedexter. In fact, the markings on the power input jack of the Tonedexter show that even 9 volts will work, so a single 9 volt battery should work with the snap connector. I use the snap connector to power stomp boxes all the time when I want a quick and easy mobile power connection. This snap connector is center negative. There are others that are center positive.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...J1SXS0BV&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/Stagg-SPS-9...gg+sps-9vbat-l
Old 01-27-2018, 04:09 PM

http://www.pedaltrain.com/volto/

This work?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification