The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-11-2019, 01:01 AM

Ordered one from MF last Thursday, but backordered. I checked site today and shipping date's been pushed back. I've been thinking about maybe playing out some this summer again so it doesn't have to be here tomorrow, but moving the shipment date is frustrating.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:42 PM

I have a cheap acoustic, a Hohner HW30, and I put a K&K stick on pickup on it. It's a passive system of course. I took it to a local music store to test it with a Fender Acoustasonic 15 watt amp. I was amazed at how low the volume was. Not acceptable, even for home use. I'm thinking of trying this Behringer unit and trying it that way. Funny that I ran it through a Pignose 7-100 (the tiny little amp every guitar player seems to have), and it was louder through that.
I'm 65 and a retired old dude, so don't have loads of money to spend. I actually am getting to like the Hohner, even though it forces me to place my fingers precisely when chording and playing single notes.
I'm wanting a small acoustic amp that can also run a mic through it , should I get up the nerve to try singing, and might possibly play in a very small setting in front of people.
So, is the Behringer worth me trying? Seems like many of you like it. Any other device that acts as a preamp that won't break the bank that I should look at?
Old 03-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-ville Brent View Post
Would the ADI21 work well with a passive sound hole pick up going into a mixing board?
Hi C-vB

Yup, they sure do.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification