The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
...I got to spend some quality time with one of his guitars, quite a wonderful and unique instrument, and recorded a duet with itself :-) on my newest CD. You can hear a low res version here:

http://store.dougyoungguitar.com/track/rainy-sunday

Steel string, but felt almost classical.
I have enjoyed that song from your CD very much, Doug. How interesting to know about the guitar behind it. It really does sound kind of classical...

- Glenn
Old 10-18-2014, 11:22 AM

Default John F. Mello - Luthier

I just acquired his #55 classic steel string built in 2003. The most articulate instrument I have ever played. It is constructed of Honduran Mahogany back and sides, European Spruce top, Spanish Cedar neck. 12 fret, with cutaway. Tonally, it is nothing like anything I've ever heard or played.

I had a fine conversation with him by phone last week and plan on taking a trip to his shop in early 2015 to meet him in person.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:41 PM

It's not saying much, as I'm a rube, but John Mello's Veranda was the best guitar I ever played. I told him I loved the guitar, to which he replied, "be careful; that'd be a very expensive love affair."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion