The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-24-2024, 03:01 PM

Default Roland AC60

Hello folks. I'm pretty new to this forum but maybe someone here can help me out. I play a 1978 Flattop Ibanez guitar and I have a couple of AC60 Roland amps. I'm wondering if I can plug my guitar into one of these amps and then run a patch cord over to the other to use as an auxillary speaker?

Here's what I have on the backside:

Your thoughts please?

Thanks, Johnny Derek
Old 04-24-2024, 03:17 PM

Welcome, Johnny!

You have a mono quarter-inch out just to the right of the two XLR outs. It's the one that says MONO.

I'd use that.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:37 PM

Default Thanks Charlie!

So I just run a quarter inch cable from one mono jack on one ac60 to the the mono jack on the other ac60?
Old 04-24-2024, 04:40 PM

So I just run a quarter inch cord from one ac60 (mono) to the other ac60 mono? Is that what you mean Charlie?
Old 04-24-2024, 06:16 PM

If you are running without using the onboard effects, you can run a 1/4" mono cable from the line-out of one of the amps, to the aux-in of the other one.

If you are using onboard effects it will be a little messy. You'll have to decide if you care ...

... The AC60's claim to fame is the onboard stereo effects. You won't get the stereo part via the mono line-out. You could instead use the L/R XLR outs, and then run them through some sort of adapter into the 1/4" L/R aux in's. That would give you stereo effects on both of the amps.

However ... that may not be what you want, as a more typical setup is having one amp on the left and the other on the right in a L/R configuration. To make that work you'd need a mixer with stereo-outs, with a L signal to one of the amps and a R signal to the other.

Last edited by BlueStarfish; 04-24-2024 at 07:09 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM

Smile

OK! Good to know . . . at first I thought it was a stupid question (after staring at the back of the units) but it turned out to be quite enlightning! Thank you for your time Charlie! I might've have picked the wrong week to get off the cocaine too! Lol!

Cheers Charlie!
Old 04-24-2024, 08:05 PM

Smile

Johnny Derek Watson
Old 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDerek View Post
OK! Good to know . . . at first I thought it was a stupid question (after staring at the back of the units) but it turned out to be quite enlightning! Thank you for your time Charlie! I might've have picked the wrong week to get off the cocaine too! Lol!

Cheers Charlie!

Might have picked the wrong week! LMAO [emoji1787]
Old 04-26-2024, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDerek View Post
Hello folks. I'm pretty new to this forum but maybe someone here can help me out. I play a 1978 Flattop Ibanez guitar and I have a couple of AC60 Roland amps. I'm wondering if I can plug my guitar into one of these amps and then run a patch cord over to the other to use as an auxillary speaker?

Here's what I have on the backside:

Your thoughts please?

Thanks, Johnny Derek
Hi Johnny…

It's probably worth a try. Just remember to turn the other amp (downline) down first before trying this. Gain-staging is very important to successfully (and non-destructively) linking our pieces of gear.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification