The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-10-2022, 03:22 AM

Default A Valentines Letter to my Favorite guitars

Oh my Gibson. I tried other guitars. I really did. I sat you in your case. Your notes, without amp, sound dull, they no longer inspire me. But I cannot quit you. ... you are my workhorse. You never let me down. Your short scale length makes playing you a cinch. I can solo as fast as Tony Rice, with out about a tenth of the skill...

The J45 has been with me earning for years. It has worked for a living, its back sore from the burden of feeding me. Oh you lovely thing, you terrible thing. You sound thin and plinky with no amp. But when it is show time, you just dazzle, like Tony Bennett at his last concert with Lady Gaga, its all inside you. Try as Id may to leave you for other prettier, younger, hotter guitars, I keep coming back to your doorstep. I realize now we are married. Til death do us ....

But I am having an affair, the likes of which Ashely Madison would foster. The Martin rosewood 000 size body with the Fisher mic pickup and fast neck...have pushed me into the world of fingerstyle. Yes, me, a confirmed finger bachelor, destined to flat pick my life away in Tom Petty songs, I have found and taken a lover. When I play this new Martin, melodies just emerge. And the fingerstyle with this..such beauty, the pickup lets me loop a beat with tons of differnt percussion sounds on the guitar body, building a composition adding my synth pedal, an octaver, a chorus here and there. Fingerstyle looping opens a new world again. We meet in shady motel rooms with clerks that call me Mr. Smith. But I am always on tap for romance and chocolate that is bitter sweet...

Yes, its Valentines and I am alone. I prefer it. I have not had a long protracted tiring argument with anyone since I divorced 15 years ago. I am free to do as I please and honestly I love it. So the guitars, you have become my partners. You never hurt me or hassle me or try to change me. I do love you....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion